Etiquette: Benefit and Tips for Dressing and Grooming (Article Sample)
Good manners can replace morals. It may be years before anyone knows if what you are doing is right. But if you are doing it nicely, it will be immediately evident.-Patrick Jake O'Rourke. Lawyer etiquette is unwritten rules of formal and polite social and business behavior in society as professional persons of honor. They define the parameters of engagement and the acceptable and pleasant ways of interactions with colleagues, clients, and other categories of people. The practice of law has all the elements of a business and must be run as such. The unwritten rules of etiquette and honorable conduct apply. A lawyer needs to be well equipped, grounded and knowledgeable in good manners. Dressing connotes the wearing of impeccable clothes to look super. The general purpose of dressing is to cover the body from nakedness, look nice, look seductive, appear extraordinary, and comply with rules regulations.[Ambrose Otieno Weda (Esq), The Ideal Lawyer. Law Africa, 2014] [Ibid.]
Dressing and Grooming
Some of the benefits of dressing well are;
* Inspire confidence. When a lawyer is well-groomed and dressed, they look trustworthy and reliable. A lawyer who is well dressed feels confident and courageous.
* Increased self-esteem. Good dressing increases agility and generates a feel-good phenomenon. There are no doubts or second thoughts about own looks.
* Covers deficiencies. Good dressing and grooming help in concealing shortcomings. Clothes make some people look more attractive.
* Helps in making a statement. Clothes help to determine one's personality and station. Royalty is rarely said but demonstrated through the appropriate dressing.
* Increases popularity and admiration. People prefer to associate with nice-looking and beautiful ladies and handsome men who are popular and marketable. It increases marketability.
- Itemization of the Challenges Posed By the Outbreak of COVID-19 on the Right to Accessible a. . .Description: In 2019, an infection began as a pneumatic respiratory disease in the Wuhan District of the People’s Republic of China. The novel coronavirus reared its ugly head in Wuhan, Hubei Province in China sometime in November 2019. ...15 pages/≈4125 words| 20 Sources | Other | Law | Article |