Cantel Medical Corporation: Existing Mission, Objectives, Strategies (Case Study Sample)
Cantel Medical Corporation is an organization that produces and sells medical industry equipment in an variety of stores around the three main areas: endoscopy, water purification and filtration, and healthcare disposables. Each area allows for Cantel Medical to effectively service the medical industry. Discuss the organization following the given subtopics:
1. Executive Summary
2. Existing mission, objectives, and strategies
3. A new mission statement (include the number of the component in parenthesis before addressing that component)
Great mission statements address these 9 components:
• Customers: Who are the firm's customers?
• Products or services: What are the firm's major products or services?
• Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
• Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
• Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and financial soundness?
• Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
• Self-concept: What is the firm's distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
• Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental concerns?
• Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
Cantel Medical Corporation
Cantel Medical Corporation
Existing mission, objectives, and strategies
Cantel Medical Corporation is a global enterprise that dedicated to the mission of delivering efficient and innovative infection prevention services and products to healthcare providers, caregivers, and patients, to help save lives and improve the outcome of healthcare intervention procedures. The objectives of the company are to provide high-quality infection prevention and intervention solutions and superior service quality that is meant to touch and improve the lives of millions of patients around their areas of jurisdiction around the world each year (Cantel Medical, 2018). To achieve this, Cantel Medical employs various strategies including an expansive portfolio of healthcare disposables, water purification and filtration, endoscopy, these meant to span across all the areas of concern in public health and healthcare intervention programs.
The new Mission Statement
The new mission of the company seeks to provide the world community with better health intervention protocols meaning to improve the existence of all people regardless of their social or economic status. In the new era, Cantel Medical Corporation aims to strengthen further their status in the world as a leading provider of innovative ad infection prevention measures to the healthcare personnel and the patients in a bid to improve the healthcare outcomes for the patients and improve efficiency in healthcare facilities (Falls, 2012). The company provides the infection prevention methods and products through three major segments. Endoscopy, a section operated through Medivators deals with disposal procedures of endoscopy equipment including irrigation tubing and single-use valves (Corp., 2018). In this category, the high-level pieces of equipment are disinfected using detergents and disinfectant, this in fulfillment of their role to provide safe methods (procedures and equipment) for the healthcare setting.
Water purification and filtration protocols per their mission are meant to provide purification systems for dialysis procedures in healthcare institutions, preferably by providing the purification systems. Here, systems such as hemodialysis dialyzer and the consequent reprocessing systems are provided in conjunction with filtration products and sterilants, these services and products offered through Medivators and Mar Cor Purification, Inc. ("Cantel Medical Corp. - Annual Report," 2018). Healthcare disposables are on the other hand meant to cater for single-use disposable medical intervention and infection prevention products, the majority of these used in the dental market such as sterilization pouches, saliva ejectors, tray covers, plastic cups, disinfectants, and face masks.
To attain the high levels of company excellence and progress, the Cantel Medical Corporation has incorporated other firms, acquiring industries engaging in health protection initiatives. This crucial objective of the enterprise has seen it add influential companies and production lines in its management. Of most importance, the corporation has remained true to its promising unique business model of infection prevention, continuing as the most dominant force in the industry with significant control over the market, an aspect which is intertwined with its new mission and objectives.
The new mission statement can, therefore, be narrowed down to a dedication to deliver innovative infection prevention products and services for healthcare providers, caregivers, and patients for improved outcomes and to save lives (Cantel Medical, 2018). This is achieved through following values of operation which include:
* Treating everyone with respect and embracing diversity and cultural differences.
* Operating with integrity, strict adherence to ethics and compliance with global regulations.
* Understanding of customer needs and consequently delivering high quality, safe and innovative solutions to infections, better than its competitors.
* Working with high-performance employees that are motivated to make a difference and are willing and enthusiastic to learn more and grow.
* Acting with urgency and accountability in delivering the set goals.
Cantel Medical serves many clients in the healthcare industry, these ranging from the patients to healthcare providers like the physicians, primary caregivers, and nurses.
Products and services
Water purification and filtration tools and services are major lines of operation for Cantel Medical Corporation. The company designs and installs water purification systems and associated services and accessories for example for dialysis in laboratories and healthcare applications. Apart from design and sale of deionization tanks, the company also offers peripheral equipment like acid and bicarbonate delivery systems. An excellent example of the operations provided here are designs using the POSICLEAR pleated filter mostly used for hemodialysis and filtering of ultrapure water to remove contaminants including bacteria.
The endoscopy infection prevention interventions are provided through MEDIVATOR branded products and services and include a range of detergents, disinfectants and sterilants, manual cleansing products and other associated consumables and accessories in cleaning. From this, the products of the procedure include disposable procedure kits, sterile irrigation tubing, biopsy valves, carbon dioxide, and single-use valves (Corp., 2018). Core healthcare disposable are also provided as a line of their own, these including gloves, towels and bibs, saliva ejectors and covers, needles and syringes, germicidal wipes, disinfectants and cleaners, scalpel and blades and also face masks. Dialysis sterilants and reprocessing systems are also a major business segment of the company, this incorporating their personalized designs and manufactured products as well as third-party dialysis supplies, these being sold in America and throughout the world.
Apart from manufacture and distribution of infection prevention equipment and services and control of the same in the health market, the company also provides technical maintenance and compliance training services. In this way, the company primarily operates in the healthcare market, serving the pharmaceutical, medical, biotechnology, commercial, and beverage industrial markets. Many of its products are however mostly meant for the healthcare institutions, for example, the dialysis devices and dialysate. Cantel Corporation has a presence in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Italy, and Singapore, selling its products and services through an efficient network of third-party vendors and distributors from its headquarters in New Jersey, US.
Technology is the key to the progress of the company as it bases the majority of its methods and future inventions on technological advancement. Social media platforms are also employed by the company to raise awareness of the products and enable the company reaches the global market, and consequently reinforce its position as the leading provider of infection prevention resources (Falls, 2012). Marketing of the products is also carried out through the online platform, a move that has been used to allow for easy access and delivery of products to the clients, this meaning to reinforce the mission of fast and efficient service delivery.
Concern for survival, growth, and profitability
For more than ten years now, the company has enjoyed a strong financial performance, growth and margin expansion. Expanded market overage means net sales are steadily rising while proper management and efficiency of employees ensure the expenses and net debt remain relatively low. It is this strong financial performance and a clean balance sheet that enable the corporation to pursue new product development, strategic acquisition and investment in sales and marketing.
Cantel Medical Corporation follows a strict code of conduct to ensure the operations of the company and those of the employees are up to standa...
- Infrastructure Planning, Procurement, and Finance of Western Sydney AirportDescription: The task was to write an essay to assess the business case and procurement strategy for that project and will examine public perceptions of risks and opportunities. Research and answer the questions in the assessment brief and provide suggestions and proposals....9 pages/≈2475 words| 10 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- The Genesis Energy Operations Management Team AssignmentDescription: The Genesis Energy operations management team is now preparing to implement the operating expansion plan. Previously, the firm's cash position did not pose a challenge....6 pages/≈1650 words| 6 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- The Reason, U.S. Pharmaceutical Companies, Raise Prices for Prescription DrugsDescription: Why could U.S. pharmaceutical companies raise prices for prescription drugs? Comment on the market outcome in terms of market price, quantity, consumer surplus,...4 pages/≈1100 words| 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |