Cantel Medical Corporation: Existing Mission, Objectives, Strategies (Case Study Sample)
Cantel Medical Corporation is an organization that produces and sells medical industry equipment in an variety of stores around the three main areas: endoscopy, water purification and filtration, and healthcare disposables. Each area allows for Cantel Medical to effectively service the medical industry. Discuss the organization following the given subtopics:
1. Executive Summary
2. Existing mission, objectives, and strategies
3. A new mission statement (include the number of the component in parenthesis before addressing that component)
Great mission statements address these 9 components:
• Customers: Who are the firm's customers?
• Products or services: What are the firm's major products or services?
• Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
• Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
• Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and financial soundness?
• Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
• Self-concept: What is the firm's distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
• Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental concerns?
• Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
Cantel Medical Corporation
Cantel Medical Corporation
Existing mission, objectives, and strategies
Cantel Medical Corporation is a global enterprise that dedicated to the mission of delivering efficient and innovative infection prevention services and products to healthcare providers, caregivers, and patients, to help save lives and improve the outcome of healthcare intervention procedures. The objectives of the company are to provide high-quality infection prevention and intervention solutions and superior service quality that is meant to touch and improve the lives of millions of patients around their areas of jurisdiction around the world each year (Cantel Medical, 2018). To achieve this, Cantel Medical employs various strategies including an expansive portfolio of healthcare disposables, water purification and filtration, endoscopy, these meant to span across all the areas of concern in public health and healthcare intervention programs.
The new Mission Statement
The new mission of the company seeks to provide the world community with better health intervention protocols meaning to improve the existence of all people regardless of their social or economic status. In the new era, Cantel Medical Corporation aims to strengthen further their status in the world as a leading provider of innovative ad infection prevention measures to the healthcare personnel and the patients in a bid to improve the healthcare outcomes for the patients and improve efficiency in healthcare facilities (Falls, 2012). The company provides the infection prevention methods and products through three major segments. Endoscopy, a section operated through Medivators deals with disposal procedures of endoscopy equipment including irrigation tubing and single-use valves (Corp., 2018). In this category, the high-level pieces of equipment are disinfected using detergents and disinfectant, this in fulfillment of their role to provide safe methods (procedures and equipment) for the healthcare setting.
Water purification and filtration protocols per their mission are meant to provide purification systems for dialysis procedures in healthcare institutions, preferably by providing the purification systems. Here, systems such as hemodialysis dialyzer and the consequent reprocessing systems are provided in conjunction with filtration products and sterilants, these services and products offered through Medivators and Mar Cor Purification, Inc. ("Cantel Medical Corp. - Annual Report," 2018). Healthcare disposables are on the other hand meant to cater for single-use disposable medical intervention and infection prevention products, the majority of these used in the dental market such as sterilization pouches, saliva ejectors, tray covers, plastic cups, disinfectants, and face masks.
To attain the high levels of company excellence and progress, the Cantel Medical Corporation has incorporated other firms, acquiring industries engaging in health protection initiatives. This crucial objective of the enterprise has seen it add influential companies and production lines in its management. Of most importance, the corporation has remained true to its promising unique business model of infection prevention, continuing as the most dominant force in the industry with significant control over the market, an aspect which is intertwined with its new mission and objectives.
The new mission statement can, therefore, be narrowed down to a dedication to deliver innovative infection prevention products and services for healthcare providers, caregivers, and patients for improved outcomes and to save lives (Cantel Medical, 2018). This is achieved through following values of operation which include:
* Treating everyone with respect and embracing diversity and cultural differences.
* Operating with integrity, strict adherence to ethics and compliance with global regulations.
* Understanding of customer needs and consequently delivering high quality, safe and innovative solutions to infections, better than its competitors.
* Working with high-performance employees that are motivated to make a difference and are willing and enthusiastic to learn more and grow.
* Acting with urgency and accountability in delivering the set goals.
Cantel Medical serves many clients in the healthcare industry, these ranging from the patients to healthcare providers like the physicians, primary caregivers, and nurses.
Products and services
Water purification and filtration tools and services are major lines of operation for Cantel Medical Corporation. The company designs and installs water purification systems and associated services and accessories for example for dialysis in laboratories and healthcare applications. Apart from design and sale of deionization tanks, the company also offers peripheral equipment like acid and bicarbonate delivery systems. An excellent example of the operations provided here are designs using the POSICLEAR pleated filter mostly used for hemodialysis and filtering of ultrapure water to remove contaminants including bacteria.
The endoscopy infection prevention interventions are provided through MEDIVATOR branded products and se
- Carvel Ice Cream: Factors the Most Important Their DecisionDescription: Based on case data, outline why Carvel entered into China in the first place. Please indicate which factors would have been the most important to their decision...3 pages/≈825 words| No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Tim Hortons Case StudyDescription: It is the case of tim hortons company on noor's disability and her suspension from work...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Dare Situation Analysis ANF Problem Statement: Product And Market Trends SituationDescription: The task required that one do a situation analysis of businesses state of that company and come up with a problem statement which will give suggestions on the how business can be improved. ...5 pages/≈1375 words| 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |