The Business about Wrist: Market-Oriented Business Mission Statement (Case Study Sample)
it was a case study about a business organization, fitbit.
Instruction from client read:
I want you to answer the questions on the individual assignment Fitbit just like document number 2, so please follow all the instructions clearly. Also, don′t use references from the internet, use only the article.
Fitbit: The Business about Wrist
Fitbit: The Business about Wrist
Market-Oriented Business Mission Statement
Market-Oriented Mission Statement: A possible market-oriented mission statement for Fitbit could be to design products and create integrated wellness platform that provides information and assist our clients in achieving their fitness and health goals.
The Company's Business: Fitbit develops wearable fitness tracking devices that enable its clients to keep track of their fitness activities. Its fitness products in the market include two Clippable activity trackers, four wristband-style trackers, and a smart scale.
The Customers: Fitbit's primary customers are individuals' engaging in fitness activities and are conscious of their health and well-being. The company developed the Fitbit app to give its customers easy access to data recorded on their devices to review their workout progress; this forms part of the mission of helping clients achieve their fitness and health goals.
Customers Values: The consumers' value products that meet their different levels of demand according to the needs. While Clippable activity trackers suited consumers with the need of tracking only the number of steps taken and calories burned on a daily basis, Wristband style trackers satisfied those with the demand for products with more integrated functions and features.
Vision: The Company should be a leader in continuous innovation and creativity by enhancing its core technology to sustain its competitive edge in the market and meet the ever-changing needs of its consumers. More companies are emerging in the wearable fitness devices such as an apple with smarter devices that are appealing to the market needs. Even though it controls a large market share, sustaining the competitive edge until the future will require more creativity and technological advancements.
Fitbit Business Portfolio and Evolution
Fitbit's current business portfolio is composed of three strategic business units that operate independently and are focused on the target market. These include;
* Clippable activity trackers; Clip-on activity trackers are the first products Fitbit launched as a wearable fitness-tracking device maker. They were capable of recording the number of steps taken and calories burned on a daily basis before the company introduced the well-known wristband-style fitness tracker with more advanced features. As of August 2015, the company had two brands of these products in the wearable fitness tracking devices market.
* Wristband style trackers; unlike clippable fitness devices, these were the second generation of Fitbit fitness devices incorporating additional functions and features designed to serve consumers with different demand levels. Fitbit had four wristband style trackers on the market by August 2015. The basic model, Fitbit flex served those with simple needs of tracking only steps, calories and sleeping circles, while the high-end model Fitbit surge, covered a wide range of functions found on smartwatches which include music control and text notification. Wristbands retail prices range between $99.95 and $ 249.95.
* Smart scale: Fitbit scale, Aria, is a smart device that tracks, body mass index, weight and fat percentage of the body. Valued at $ 129.95, it synced wirelessly with Fitbit trackers and applications to record weight statisti
- Marketing Case Study: Market Research TechniquesDescription: Popular titles in the kids/fun product segment are: Highlights for Children, Nickelodeon Magazine, and National Geographic Kids...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Performance Management at the National Institute of ManagementDescription: A comparison of the perspectives of the various stakeholders, particularly the board of directors and faculty...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Matching Dell CaseDescription: Overtime, many players have entered the PC market unlike on the in the pats when the market was occupied by fewer players...2 pages/≈550 words| APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |