Sign In
Not register? Register Now!
Essay Available:
You are here: HomeCourseworkAccounting, Finance, SPSS
Pages:
1 page/≈275 words
Sources:
No Sources
Level:
APA
Subject:
Accounting, Finance, SPSS
Type:
Coursework
Language:
English (U.S.)
Document:
MS Word
Date:
Total cost:
$ 5.62
Topic:

Rizza Pizza Inc’s Sales forecast for Pizza's in Units for next 12 mos. (Coursework Sample)

Instructions:

Question Description
The Rizza Pizza Inc’s forecasted sales forecast for Pizza's in Units for the next 12 months see below:
Date Units Date Units
APR, 2021 500,000 OCT, 2021 500,000
MAY, 2021 520,000 NOV, 2021 515,000
JUNE, 2021 515,000 DEC, 2022 530,000
JULY, 2021 520,000 JAN, 2022 520,000
AUG, 2021 500,000 FEB, 2022 530,000
SEP, 2021 520,000 MAR, 2022 540,000
*APR, 2022 sales forecast is expected to be 530,000 units. Each Pizza is sold to the retailer at $3.
To meet its monthly sales, the company has mandated that monthly ending finished goods inventories are supposed to be equal to 25% of the next month’s sales in units. Rizza Pizza Inc currently does its own assembly production in house. Each pizza consists of 2 pounds of flour and the cost of each pound is $0.10. Each unit needs 0.10 labor hour from raw material preparation to finished package. The hourly pay rate to the assembling workers is $12 per hour. The production manager also required desired direct material ending inventory, which is enough for 30% of the next month production. The production units in April 2022 are estimated to be 780,000 units. The Pizza’s are sold to retailers for $3 each.
Manufacture Overhead Cost and Selling and Administrative Expenses sheet below
Manufacture Overhead
Variable Costs:
Indirect Labour $ 0.10 per hour
Indirect Materials $ 0.20 per hour
Fixed Costs
Salaries $ 22,000
Utility $ 10,000
Insurance $ 1,200
Depreciation $ 2,000
Selling and Administrative
Variable Expenses:
Shipping $ 0.50 per unit
Fixed Expenses:
Wages $ 25,000
Utilities $ 14,000
Insurance $ 2,000
Depreciation $ 1,500
Miscellaneous $ 5,000
Cash Budget
After a meeting with your current controller and treasurer, you have informed that the company desires a minimum ending cash balance each month on $1,000,000. The controller stated that only 60% of a month’s sales are collected by the end of the month and the remaining 40% are collected in the following month. Bad debts have been negligible, supporting the credit terms as favorable. In April 2021, Rizza Pizza will sell its short term investment for $200,000 and the company has no plan to reinvest.
All purchases are paid for in the following manner: 50% in the month of the purchase and the remaining 50% paid in the month following the purchase. All sales to the distributors are made on credit terms with no discount (for now), and payable within 15 days. Labour, Manufacture Overhead, and Selling and Administrative expenses are all paid during the month, in cash, except for depreciation (of course). Rizza Pizza will make a purchase of a parcel of land during the month of May 2020 for $1,000,000 in cash.
Rizza Pizza’s balance sheet at the end of the March 2021 is shown below
Assets
Cash $ 600,000
Accounts Receivable $ 560,000 Uncollectable credit sales in March
Liabilities
Accounts Payable $ 85,000 Unpaid in March
An agreement with First Capital Bank allows Rizza Pizza to borrow up to a total loan amount of
$750,000. The interest rate on these loans is 12% annually (high considering market rates). Rizza Pizza is estimating its income tax as 35% of its taxable income.
Required:
Prepare a master budget for twelve months from April 1, 2021 to March 31st, 2022. Include the following budget schedules and financial statements:
1. Master Budget
2. Cash Budget.
3. Budgeted Income statement

source..
Content:

Question
Question Description
The Rizza Pizza Inc’s forecasted sales forecast for Pizza's in Units for the next 12 months see below:
Date
Units
Date
Units
APR, 2021
500,000
OCT, 2021
500,000
MAY, 2021
520,000
NOV, 2021
515,000
JUNE, 2021
515,000
DEC, 2022
530,000
JULY, 2021
520,000
JAN, 2022
520,000
AUG, 2021
500,000
FEB, 2022
530,000
SEP, 2021
520,000
MAR, 2022
540,000
*APR, 2022 sales forecast is expected to be 530,000 units. Each Pizza is sold to the retailer at $3.
To meet its monthly sales, the company has mandated that monthly ending finished goods inventories are supposed to be equal to 25% of the next month’s sales in units. Rizza Pizza Inc currently does its own assembly production in house. Each pizza consists of 2 pounds of flour and the cost of each pound is $0.10. Each unit needs 0.10 labor hour from raw material preparation to finished package. The hourly pay rate to the assembling workers is $12 per hour. The production manager also required desired direct material ending inventory, which is enough for 30% of the next month production. The production units in April 2022 are estimated to be 780,000 units. The Pizza’s are sold to retailers for $3 each.
Manufacture Overhead Cost and Selling and Administrative Expenses sheet below
Manufacture Overhead
Variable Costs:
Indirect Labour
$           0.10
per hour
Indirect Materials
$           0.20
per hour
Fixed Costs
Salaries
$       22,000
Utility
$       10,000
Insurance
$         1,200
Depreciation
$         2,000
Selling and Administrative
Variable Expenses:
Shipping
$           0.50
per unit
Fixed Expenses:
Wages
$       25,000
Utilities
$       14,000
Insurance
$         2,000
Depreciation
$         1,500
Miscellaneous
$         5,000
Cash Budget
After a meeting with your current controller and treasurer, you have informed that the company desires a minimum ending cash balance each month on $1,000,000. The controller stated that only 60% of a month’s sales are collected by the end of the month and the remaining 40% are collected in the following month. Bad debts have been negligible, supporting the credit terms as favorable. In April 2021, Rizza Pizza will sell its short term investment for $200,000 and the company has no plan to reinvest.
All purchases are paid for in the following manner: 50% in the month of the purchase and the remaining 50% paid in the month following the purchase. All sales to the distributors are made on credit terms with no discount (for now), and payable within 15 days. Labour, Manufacture Overhead, and Selling and Administrati

...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:

Other Topics:

  • Analyzing the Amazon's Digital Business Report
    Description: Amazon is a multinational company founded in 1994 and located in Seattle, United States. The company business model is pretty diversified, with specialization in digital streaming, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, and cloud computing. The company has rapid growth to be one of the leading companies...
    10 pages/≈2750 words| 11 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |
  • JP Morgan Chase Financial Analysis
    Description: JPMorgan Chase is among the world’s oldest financial services corporations dating back over 200 years. Today, the company operates as an American multinational company specializing in offering banking and financial services. Its headquarters is located in New York City. As of the end of fiscal 2020, ...
    3 pages/≈825 words| 6 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |
  • Financial Management – Theory and Application
    Description: The rate of return quantifies the measure of return that an investment is going to yield from the particular required rate. This implies that the investment has a Return On Investment (ROI) which is placed at a certain quantified percentage which is the rate of return. When the inflation rises, financial ...
    9 pages/≈2475 words| 7 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |
Need a Custom Essay Written?
First time 15% Discount!