Child Abuse, Educational Performannce Of Secondary School Students (Coursework Sample)
1. An investigation on ‘AN ASSESSMENT ON THE EFFECTSOF CHILD ABUSE ON THE EDUCATIONAL PERFORMANNCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS” From this topic;
a) What is the research design for the study? (3 marks)
Causality studies may be thought of as understanding a phenomenon in terms of conditional statements in the form, “If X, then Y.” This type of research is used to measure what impact a specific change will have on existing norms and assumptions. Most social scientists seek causal explanations that reflect tests of hypotheses.
b) State null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis (2 marks)
Null hypothesis: child abuse has no effects on the educational performance of secondary school students.
Alternative hypothesis: child abuse affects the educational performance of secondary school students
c) Identify three research questions for the study (3 marks)
* What is the prevalence of abuse on children in secondary schools?
* How has the performance of the secondary schools been over the past years?
* How can the abuse on the secondary school students be reduced/avoided?
d) State the dependent variable (1 mark)
Educational performance of secondary school students
e) List three independent variables. (3 marks)
* Child abuse
* Secondary school students
* Education at secondary schools
* Secondary schools
f) What is the delimitation of the study? (3 marks)
Delimitations are boundaries that are set by the by the researcher in order to control the range of a study. They are created before any investigations are carried out, in order to reduce the amount of time spent in certain areas that may be seen to be unnecessary, and perhaps even unrelated, to the overall study.An example of this would be that the study is delimited to questioning people within a certain age group only, i.e. only secondary school students.The questionnaires that will be used in collection of information and also the geographical position where I will choose the participants.
MOUNT KENYA UNIVERSITY
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGY
UNIT CODE: SCCU001 C.A.T 2
UNIT TITLE: RESEARCH METHODS
1. Define the following terms as used in research.
a) Problem (2 marks)
A research problem is a statement about an area of concern, a condition to be improved upon, a difficulty to be eliminated, or a troubling question that exists in scholarly literature, in theory, or in practice that points to the need for meaningful understanding and deliberate investigation.
b) Research design (2 marks)
The research design refers to the overall strategy that you choose to integrate the different components of the study in a coherent and logical way, thereby, ensuring you will effectively address the research problem; it constitutes the blueprint for the collection, measurement, and analysis of data. Note that your research problem determines the type of design you should use
2. Differentiate between a parameter andvariable in research. (2 marks)
A parameter is a numerical quantity or attribute of a population that is estimated using data collected from the population. Population parameters, als
- Theory X and YDescription: In the move to understand the motivation of different individuals to their workplaces, there are the various factors to be considered in determining the level of the motivating factors...1 page/≈550 words| APA | Life Sciences | Coursework |
- Ethics and Theory ApplicationDescription: When applying nursing theories in practice, the following ethical considerations need to be employed...1 page/≈275 words| APA | Life Sciences | Coursework |
- The World after 2.5 Million YearsDescription: Global climate change has been a main concern in the recent past. In fact it is a problem of the 21st century that has slowly become worse...9 pages/≈2475 words| 11 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Coursework |