Assignment One – Piaget’s Toy Project. Psychology Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Assignment One – Piaget’s Toy Project
Value: 20% Due Date:
To provide students with an opportunity to further understand developmental theory and to apply theory to child development
• Gain knowledge of developmental principles, theories, concepts related to human thinking, behaviour, emotion, personality, and physical growth
• Gain an understanding of how culture, biology, and environment influence aspects of development
• Gain an understanding and appreciation of your own stage in the developmental process
You are required to write a 6-8 page paper on Piaget’s Cognitive Developmental Theory. The paper will have three sections: an introductory paragraph briefly describing Piaget’s theory and your approach to the paper, the body of the paper, and a succinct conclusion describing how the toys/activities you were exposed to influenced your development.
The body of the paper must include four sections (one for each stage in Piaget’s theory: Sensorimotor, Preoperational, Concrete Operational, and Formal Operational) in which you will:
1. Describe the theoretical stage, including factors which influence human development.
2. Explore websites, stores, or catalogues to find one toy that would meet the developmental needs of this stage. Provide a brief description of the toy and how it works. Explain how the toy meets the needs identified by Piaget in this stage.
3. Recall a toy you played with or a game you played when you were in this developmental stage. Provide a brief description of the toy or game and how it worked. Explain if this toy or game met or did not meet the needs identified by Piaget in this stage.
Piaget’s Toy Project
Table of Content
TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u Piaget’s Toy Project PAGEREF _Toc11319572 \h 3
1.Introduction PAGEREF _Toc11319573 \h 3
2.Body PAGEREF _Toc11319574 \h 4
2.1.Sensorimotor PAGEREF _Toc11319575 \h 4
2.3.Concrete Operational PAGEREF _Toc11319576 \h 7
2.4.Formal Operational PAGEREF _Toc11319577 \h 9
3.Conclusion PAGEREF _Toc11319578 \h 10
Reference PAGEREF _Toc11319579 \h 11
Piaget’s Toy Project
Jean Piaget, a psychologist of the 20th century, pioneered the developmental child psychology by contributing considerably to the learning of cognitive development in children. Piaget never acknowledged the prevalent theory of knowledge being inborn, however, he was confident throughout his work that a child’s progress followed a sequence of steps, and that the stages followed were systematic (could not be skipped), with each stage being discernible by fresh intellectual abilities and more sophisticated understanding about the society. Through observing the interactions of a child, Paget was able to perceive how children generated schemas in shaping their cognitions, judgment, and perceptions of the community. Conversely, he realizes that other mental abilities tend to be present only at some stages of development.
- Types of Conflict Resolution Mechanisms. Psychology CourseworkDescription: These are models which define detailed strategies of creating and developing different teams within the organization. There are different types of theories developed by various individuals that are utilized by established corporations in harnessing team building within the organization....4 pages/≈1100 words| 5 Sources | APA | Psychology | Coursework |
- The Most Effective And Reasonable Solutions Against Opiate AddictionDescription: The task was tackling a coursework assignment on opiate addiction. This sample has briefly handled the entire issues concerning opiate addiction in addition to how the condition should be controlled....1 page/≈275 words| 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Coursework |
- Basics of Decision Making Coursework Writing AssignmentDescription: Decision making is the process choosing the appropriate technique that would lead to a viable solution for a given case. It majorly involves the collection of information and determination of possible resolutions....2 pages/≈550 words| 5 Sources | APA | Psychology | Coursework |