Testing for Perfect Duties (Coursework Sample)
To prove the universality of the opposite maxim would be to attest to the fact that every wealthy person had to steal to be wealthy. This reasoning is shared by many today because of the discovery that many wealthy individuals we have in the world today got their wealth by stealing from others.Maxim, proverb, gnome, aphorism, apothegm, sententia―all of these terms mean essentially the same thing: a short, easily remembered expression of a basic principle, general truth or rule of conduct. Think of a maxim as a nugget of wisdom―or at least of apparent wisdom.source..
Testing for Perfect Duties
1) To prove the universality of the opposite maxim would be to attest to the fact that every wealthy person had to steal to be wealthy. This reasoning is shared by many today because of the discovery that many wealthy individuals we have in the world today got their wealth by stealing from others. People such as corrupt politicians, and con businessmen who use Ponzi schemes to rob others and keep the wealth for themselves. In testing for universality, one must through careful analysis be able to recommend the same cause of action to another as acceptable conduct without creating an ethical issue. (Miller 2020). In other to accept a cause of action one must act for a reason that he sees fit to be a universal law. In our world today people desire wealth in other to live a comfortable life. If it becomes acceptable that in other to be wealthy one must steal, therefore everyone wealthy must have stolen from someone. This system cannot be sustained in the long run because for a society to be stable it has to be built on the trust that people would act on a certain level of morality.
2) Is it possible that stealing is something everyone did in other to be wealthy? While it is agreeable that there is a steady decline in morality in our society today, there are still wealthy individuals who were able to make wealth honestly through hard work and patience. There are ways to make wealth such as learning a high-income skill or building a sustainable business. According to research, those who possess high-income skills such as coding or machine learning are more likely to be wealthy in the next five years than those who do not.
- Sex in Leviticus Description: Connecting the New and Old Covenant law as a believer of Christ is among the most difficult components of reading the Bible. As the book "Sex in Leviticus" by Christopher J.H. Wright demonstrates, religious individuals have attempted to relate the Old Testament with its permissible precepts to Christians and...1 page/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Coursework |
- Ousia and Hypostasis and the Trinity RelationshipDescription: When understanding the concept of Christian faith and its base, Basil provides the terms Ousia and hypostasis to explain the oneness of Trinity. The two terms describe the Trinity in two distinct manners summarised as one being general (ousia) and the other being particular (hypostasis). In this manner, the...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Coursework |
- The Biblical Story of Elijah and Prophets of BaalDescription: Prophet Elijah challenged the faith King Ahab the king of Israel with regards to his faith and the god he worshiped . Elijah worshiped the true God while King Ahab worshiped the false god Baal.The people of Israel gathered at Mount Carmel. King Ahab was alongside 450 prophets of god and 450 of their goddess...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Coursework |