Role of Information System in E-Commerce (Essay Sample)
This was a term paper sample, on the ROLE OF INFORMATION SYSTEM IN E-COMMERCE with reference from 2000 to current sources.
1. WRITE AN ABSTRACT ON THE ROLE OF INFORMATION SYSTEM IN E-COMMERCE INDICATING HOW YOU WILL WRITE THE FULL TERM PAPER OF 4,000 WORDS
2. INCLUDING SOURCES FROM 2000
3. INDICATE THE MAJOR SOURCES OR BOOKS YOU WILL USE
ROLE OF INFORMATION SYSTEM IN E-COMMERCE
Name of Student
E-Commerce is now seen as a reality for many businesses the immediate benefits, in terms of cost savings, efficiencies and enhanced profitability is clear at every stage in the supply chain. Adopting e-business is no longer a competitive advantage, but a normal business process, without which an enterprise is unlikely to survive in the new economy . Year 2000 CITATION Placeholder1 \l 1033 (Placeholder1) saw Dot-com companies built up and many companies going into E-commerce now it is a different story. The research sampled qualitative secondary data drawn from E-commerce and information system journals written for the last five years this was used in the assessment of the scholarly perspective on the topic of E-commerce and information system and the interrelationship between the two fields of business. The sampled data was then used to analyze using a number of formulated research hypotheses which are used to weigh the qualitative agreement or disagreement. The results from the research analyzes are used to draw inferences drawn from the hypothetical juxtaposition of the scholarly argument and concurrence on the interaction between E-commerce and information system together with the impact of the postulated interaction of business as a whole. The inferences are used to establish the level of advancement of information system employed in e-commerce, which in turn determine their safety or vulnerability to explosion for malicious damage of a business. Finally the research addresses the question of the functional correlation between e-commerce and information system as a novelty subject in business management.
The advances of communication and technology tools have played an important role in supporting business objectives. The need to include transaction systems in E-commerce is due to the nature of extension in the range and scale of economic activities that E-commerce and use of internet. Virtual transactions are major part of e-commerce that enables consumers to experience products before they initiate purchases it entails a lot of transactions that involve ordering, processing and payments. Li, Tu, Yen and Xia (2010, p. 19) CITATION Mic02 \l 1033 (Michael & Chandrasekar, 2002) suggest that a transaction processing system should allow a company to process the orders to the customers in a fast and an optimal manner. For instance payment systems have become increasingly popular due to shopping and banking on the internet, Shopping Cart is one of the software allows customers to accumulate list of items for purchase, although such technology was slow at first with many consumers being apprehensive of using their credit and debit cards over the internet because they do not trust on-line payment systems. Yes, the website owners try to take every available precaution to protect the card details but what if the site is hacked; some sites do not have advanced encrypted technology that can protect your personal details from hackers and it is a cause of grave concern.
The greater acceptance of credit use in general and for e-commerce in particular is in large part due to increased security measure
- A Report on the Payment Card Industry Data Security StandardsDescription: The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a recognized set of rules that guides the collection, use and secure storage of information. The Girl Guide is a financial organization which intends to conform to the standards and the IT Department has to come up with the strategy to implement....5 pages/≈1375 words| 3 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Essay |
- Kali LinuxDescription: Kali Linux is a security auditing and penetration testing software developed by Offensive Security Company. The software is Debian based and it is a Linux distribution. Kali Linux was developed to replace BackTrack which had some features which ...4 pages/≈1100 words| 7 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Essay |
- How the Internet Affects the Music IndustryDescription: No one can deny that the Internet has significantly impacted the music business during the last two decades. While the Internet has made music more accessible to the general public (while simultaneously making it more difficult for artists to cash in), it is also a fantastic tool for independent musicians...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Essay |