Understanding IT Acquisitions and Its Aspects (Essay Sample)
WHAT ARE THE ONE OR TWO MOST CHALLENGING ISSUES IN IDENTIFYING AND DOCUMENTING IT ACQUISITION REQUIREMENTS. SHOULD IT BE PERMITTED TO ADD, DELETE, AND CHANGE REQUIREMENTS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN APPROVED UP TO THE TIME CONTRACT HAS BEEN SIGNED WITH SERVICE PROVIDER AND SHOULD IT EVEN BE POSSIBLE DURING THE SUBSEQUENT PROJECT. WHAT WAS EASY OR DIFFICULT? AND WHAT PROBLEMS DID ENCOUNTER AND HOW DID SOLVE IT?source..
IT acquisition aspects
Course Name and Code
IT acquisition aspects
1 Challenges in identifying and documenting IT acquisition requirements
Information and technology is one of the most vital aspects which inspires efficient management of functions in organizations. Some of the challenges faced during the adoption of information and technology include failure of functions and meeting the needs of different users within the organizational settings. IT acquisition procedure is multifaceted; hence most organizations fail during the integration process.
* Failure of functions: In most cases, organizations focus on acquiring the most modern and effective technology in the market. Companies adopt effective IT budgeting and planning procedures (Schultz & Wydler, 2019) to acquire effective IT programs that suit organizational needs. During the process of IT, acquisition failures are likely to occur, affecting the effectiveness of the IT system. Strict IT security policies and compliance measures are likely to complicate IT acquisition hence causing failure. The challenges of IT failures can be minimized by adopting flexibility and developing clear guidelines. Organizations should adopt the spirit of flexibility to create room for the adoption of alternatives. Clear procedures and guidelines should also be adopted to help in reducing errors during the IT acquisition process.
* Meeting the needs of different users: Achieving the IT needs of diverse workers in the workplace is cumbersome. According to (Schultz & Wydler, 2019), most companies fail to meet the needs of all users due to high capital requirements. This challenge can be resolved through effective training of workers on the goals and objectives of the new IT system. Training employees on the goals and functionality of the new system reduces the cost of adopting IT tools that suit each worker.
2 Should it be permitted to add, delete, and change requirements after they have been approved up to the time a contract has been signed with a service provider? Should it even be possible to add, delete, and change requirements during the subsequent project?
Changing contract requirements during the IT acquisition procedure is a critical task that significantly affects the final project. Research by Erdogan & Tokgoz (2020) claims that contract changes should not be initiated after signing the contract. Adding, deleting, or changing contract requirements has a greater impact on the cost and quality of the IT project. For example, adding requirements after signing of IT contract leads to an increase in cost. New requirements to a signed contract attract additional costs to the contractor and client.
- Security Architecture and DesignDescription: In organizational security controls and safeguards, security architecture and design examine how they are integrated with IT systems to preserve the confidentiality and integrity of the data utilized and stored within the systems. In any company ...3 pages/≈825 words| 3 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Essay |
- Report on Identity, Access, and Management Description: The Identify and access management (IAM) over years has been mainly focusing on managing and controlling information technology for user needs enterprises. As technology changes, different technologies including cloud, social networks, etc. Identity management become something to focus as many enterprises ...4 pages/≈1100 words| 5 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Essay |
- Understanding Computer Sciences and Information TechnologyDescription: Information Technology acquisition s is thought about simple, quick and the most fantastic manner by which an association can address its issues. The acquisition system can be effective and can support a company's upper hand or, in other words, contain an advantage as to other companies. ...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Essay |