Strategic Thinking in Contemporary Organizations and Contexts (Essay Sample)
As a strategy consultant, you have been approached by the Board of Directors of an existing company of your choice to advise them on their future strategic direction. You are required to present your opinion, based upon researched evidence, in the form of a report to cover the following five tasks: Task 1 The strategic direction that the company has followed in the past and the way in which strategic thinking has developed within the past 5 years Task 2 A detailed analysis of the industry in which the company is operating to include: • The choice and use of appropriate frameworks for strategic analysis. • A critical discussion of the company’s competitive advantage among its direct competitors. • The probable industry scenarios facing the company within its existing market domains Task 3 Further analysis with regard to: • Whether their mission and vision statements are aligned to the demands of the marketplace. • The company's strategic capabilities Task 4 Discuss possible strategies that the company could follow to defend its core business. Task 5 In the light of your discussion in tasks 1-4, analyze and evaluate the resource implications of your recommendations that the company has to address.source..
COMPANY: UNILEVER PLC.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
* Industry overview3
* Company background3
* Strategic thinking4
2 Macro environment analysis5
* Pestle analsys5
* Porter’s 5 Forces analysis10
3 Strategic capabilities13
* Vision and mission analysis13
* SWOT analysis16
* VRIO analysis18
Through strategic management, organizations are able to make future fundamental decisions and their directions as well as their aims, the resources they use and the interaction with the environment they operate. This report will review strategic implementation on the consumer goods industry with the focus being Unilever Company.
- The Concept of Least Privilege and Methods to Provide ItDescription: In Information Security, the least privilege principle directs that any program, user, or process should only perform tasks accessed only by the system’s minimum requirements for a particular user or program. For instance, any program aimed at mining data from a database should not require the system...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | Harvard | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Advantages, Disadvantages, and Cultural Influences of Social Media Advertising in QatarDescription: The topic I choose is social media influence since the online marketplace has over 2.7 billion global online users (Hudson et al., 2016; Vrontis et al., 2021). The region of focus is Katara and Lusail. Lusail is a top attraction site in Qatar. Customers are attracted to Lusail via social media influencer...20 pages/≈5500 words| 25 Sources | Harvard | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Real Meaning Behind the Song Drive by Alan JacksonDescription: For a long time, music has been used for different purposes in society. Songs are the greatest means to communicate to human souls. They are meant to entertain, educate, and console people of their losses. The paper discusses the song ...3 pages/≈825 words| 4 Sources | Harvard | Literature & Language | Essay |