Solving Mathematics problem - Geometry. Mathematics & Economics (Math Problem Sample)
Solving Mathematics problem - Geometrysource..
1. A triangle has sides that measure 6 cm, 8cm and 10cm. Find the exact volume of the solid of revolutions formed when the triangle is revolved about the side of the length of 8cm.
Volume = π r 2 _h_
V = π 6 2 _8_
V = π 36 _ 8_
V = 301.59 cm3
2. In a regular pentagonal pyramid, each base edge measures 7cm, and the apothem of the base measures 4cm. The altitude of the pyramid measures 12cm. Find the:
a) Lateral area
First find the height of 1 triangle side. from the base of 7cm
c2 = a 2 + b 2
- Mean and variance. Mathematics & Economics Math ProblemDescription: Seven samples were obtained having the values 21,22,26,29,27,26 and 24. Find the value of the mean and standard deviation. To find the mean of a data set, you add all the values in the data set and divide by the number of values in the set....1 page/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Logarithm. Mathematics & Economics Math Problem AssignmentDescription: log (2x + 1) – log (6) = 2 Solution We can combine the two logarithms on the left side of the equation so that the equation now looks like this; log ((2x +1) /(6)) = 2...1 page/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- EVALUATION OF FUNCTIONS AND COMPOSITION OF FUNCTIONS IN ELEMENTARY CALCULUSDescription: TASK TWO. ELEMENTARY CALCULUS. 1 We are given fx=5x+4 and gx=2x-6, and therefore, * f+gx=fx+gx=(5x+4)+(2x-6)=7x-2 * f-gx=fx-gx=5x+4-2x-6=3x+10 ...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |