Optimization Mathematics & Economics Math Problem Paper (Math Problem Sample)
formation of optimal control problem, identification of underlying constraints and solving itsource..
* Volume= (U+3)m3, where U is the third digit of the student number. In this case the student number is 1839996 and so the third digit is 9.
The cost breakdown is given by:
* Cost of the base and top is 8 Pounds/m2
* Cost of the front side is (10+Z)Pounds/m2= 16 Pounds/m2 since the last digit of the student number Z=6.
* Cost of other three sides is 5 Pounds/m2
Let the base, width and height of the rectangular box be x, y, and z, respectively.
We have that xyz=12 which implies that z=12xy.
* Cost of base and top =82xy=16xy
* Front area = xz=x12xy=12ym2 and so cost is =1612y=192y
* Other three sizes area =xz+2yx=12y+24/x and so the cost is
The total cost of the material =16xy+192y+60y+120x=16xy+252y+120x
Using the AM-GM inequality we have that
- Formation and Solution of Quadratic Equations Mathematics ProblemDescription: This gives values of z as; z=4, and z=36. Since z=x2 we have the four values of x as x=-6, x=-2, x=2, x=6. The corresponding values of y, using y=6x are y=-1 when x=-6, y= -3 when x=-2, and y=3 when x=2, y=1 when x=6. Step 3: Computation of the required result...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Linear Equations Mathematics & Economics Math ProblemDescription: We have adopted the notation by (Anthony & Burgess, 2014), where in this case, ∆y∆x=1,500.00 $/year is the annual rate of change of salary and C is a constant denoting the starting annual salary. Using ∆y∆x=1,500.00 $/year we can write the model equation as...1 page/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Integration Mathematics & Economics Math Problem PaperDescription: The constant 3 can be taken out of integral as shown in equation (1). Applying u- substitution as shown by (Carl,2003) we let u=2x-1 and so dudx=2 which implies that dx=du2. The indefinite integral (1) now becomes 3secutanudu2=32secutanudu.(2) Applying u-substituion again, we let v=secu and so...1 page/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |