Mathematician Descartes and the Cartesian Coordinate System (Math Problem Sample)
1. Who was Rene Descartes?
2. What are the different parts of a two dimensional Cartesian Coordinate System?
3. What is the difference between plotting points on a number line and on a Rectangular Coordinate System?
Who was Rene Descartes?
Rene Descartes lived between 1596-1650. He was a visionary mathematician, a scientific thinker, and metaphysician. Rene discovered techniques that are in use in mathematic up to today. In mathematics, he made sure that analytical geometry was possible; which is an alternative for geometrical construction that is the use of rule and compass. As his discovery of algebra formulas became accessible to the extent that it preceded geometry, a coordinate system of algebraic geometry was born called the Cartesian coordinates.
What are the different parts of a two-dimensional Cartesian Coordinate System?
The cartesian coordinate system is the extension of the line in the form of axes to map data in a Cartesian plane. The cartesian coordinate system can have a two- dimensional or three-dimensional cartesian coordinates. A bi-dimensional cartesian coordinate,
- Logarithm Question Mathematics & Economics Math ProblemDescription: Logarithm Question Mathematics & Economics Math Problem In logarithms, we take + ( addition) as multiplication and - (subtraction) as division. In our case we have the subtraction sign which means we divide the values as follows: 4 Log(a/b) = 2 5 NOTE: This is a logarithmic function with base 10...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Analytical Geometry Mathematics & Economics Math ProblemDescription: Analytical Geometry Mathematics & Economics Math Problem BMA 1205 ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY CAT The equation of a parabola x2+4x+ 6y-8=0.Find the vertex and the focus of the parabola. (3mks) Solution x2+4x = 6y + 8 (x +2)2 = -6y + 8 +4 (x +2)2 = -6y + 12 (x +2)2 = -6(y - 2) 4p = -6...8 pages/≈2200 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- BOTTLING COMPANY CASE STUDYDescription: BOTTLING COMPANY CASE STUDY Mathematics & Economics Math Problem...6 pages/≈1650 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |