1 page/≈275 words
Mathematics & Economics
Derivatives And Differentiation Equations Research Assignment (Math Problem Sample)
Derivatives And Differentiation Equationssource..
3.1 Tangents and the Derivative at a Point
30. Ball’s changing volume: What is the rate of change of the volume of a ball (V=43πr3) with respect to the radius when the radius is r=2?
Step 1; Now, differentiating w.r.t, R
Step 2; Now just plug in 2 to find the rate of change of volume with respect radius when r=2inch
Therefore the rate of change of volume is 16π
3.4 The Derivative as a Rate of Change
24. Marginal Revenue: Suppose that the revenue from selling x washing machines is rx=20,0001-1x dollars.
a. Find the marginal revenue when 100 machines are produced.
Step 1; Marginal revenue =Rate of change of revenue function
R'(x) =20000ddx (1 x )
= 20000 x2
Step 2; Marginal revenue when 100 machines are produced is:
R'(100) = 20000 1002
Step 3; marginal revenue = $2 dollars
b. Use the function r'(x) to estimate the increase in revenue that will result from increasing production from 100 machines to 101 machines a week.
The marginal revenue function estimates the increase in revenue...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Cash Flow Statement for Wewe Limited as At 31st MarchDescription: Rental rates Salaries and wages Insurance 172-82 General expenses Motor Expenses 861+82 Depreciation 2/10*8000 Depreciation on buildings Bad debts...1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | Other | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Real Analysis II Assignment: Answers for the QuestionsDescription: Continuation of the previous article. that is part 1 and this is part 2. as said above, the solutions are my own and hence, no sources....1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | Other | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Real Analysis Assignment: Some of the Maths ProblemsDescription: These are some of the maths problems coming under the pure and abstract maths category. as the solutions are my own understanding, i haven't used any resources....1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | Other | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |