Basic Philosophical-religious Questions: What Is The Nature Of Man? (Research Paper Sample)
This essay must be 700 words (regardless of page number or line spacing). It is a preview on the Ted talk video (link to video will be uploaded) and must follow the below instructions/format: The objective of this essay comes down to a set of answers to one or more of the “basic philosophical-religious questions” (BPRQs) – always, in one way or another, directly or indirectly. These are the questions to which every human being must have some sort of answer in order to make choices in life. They are: 1) What is the nature of the universe? 2) What is the nature of man? 3) Therefore, what must we do to be happy? Hence, to ensure that you score a good grade on your preview do the following: Structure your Preview by writing three paragraphs, each one corresponding to one of the three BPRQs. That is, 1) What is the nature of the universe? 2) What is the nature of man? 3) Therefore, what must we do to be happy? Each paragraph will be graded according to the following three categories: A) Essential Point – What is the author's thesis (state or implied answer to the BPRQ)? B) Essential Text – What text supports the author's answer? In this section you will need to quote from the text. C) Logical Analysis – How exactly does the author argue for this answer?source..
Basic Philosophical-Religious Questions (BPRQs)
On philosophy, there are three main questions that form the basis of the entire subject. These questions are: what is the nature of the universe; what is the nature of man; and what must we do to be happy? These questions have been answered in a unique manner in a Ted video. The video is titled Our Loss of Wisdom. The video speaks on several issues affecting the people today. The speaker has provided relatable examples showing how people have ended up losing their wisdom because they are focused on attaining profits through incentives. In fact, the speaker bemoans the fact that companies especially in medicine pursue projects based on the profit prospect of a project rather than whether it is the right thing to do.
1) What is the nature of the universe?
From the Ted video, the main focus is on loss of wisdom. The speaker, Barry Schwartz, notes that the complicated, intricate world we live in today has made incentives to do the right thing a normal thing. This is the nature of the universe that the speaker has described. He has clearly noted that the world we are living in today is built on incentives. It has reached a point where people who only want to do the right thing only when it is profitable to them as individuals or as companies. The speaker quoted the Former U.S. president Obama before he was inaugurated saying that, “We should ask ourselves not only is it profitable – but also is it right?” (Schwartz, 2018). This is a clear indication of the loss of wisdom that currently exists. People no longer want to do the right thing. They are instead focused on doing what is profitable rather than what is right. That is the nature of the universe.
2) What is the nature of man?
On the nature of man, the speaker has explained that the act of incentivizing everything is not widespread or ubiquitous. An example has been given in Switzerland. The example notes that the citizens were once asked to indicate whether or not they would be willing to have a Nuclear dump site in their community since it has to go somewhere. Shockingly, 50% of the citizens agreed. When the s
- Qatar Research PaperDescription: Qatar is a Middle-East country that lies on the Qatari Peninsula, which is a part of the Arabian Peninsula (Famdliflc.lingnet.org, 2010)...5 pages/≈1375 words| MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- The 1873 Panic And How It Contributed To The Great Railroad Strike In 1877Description: The beginning of the 1870s, several prominent industrial firms made substantial changes to their national currencies that unintentionally led started the panic...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Gender ViolenceDescription: Gender-based violence has been the talk of the day for many years now. A lot of concern has been directed towards gender violence in many countries....6 pages/≈1650 words| 4 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |