CV for Network Security Engineer IT & Computer Science Resume Writing (Resume Writing Sample)
Recognized as best cv of the month by Talent Inc.source..
Network Security Engineer
Technically minded and resourceful professional with more than 15 years of experience in internet and security-related project management and implementation. Proven track record in managing and completing projects within the time which resulting in enhancing the operational efficiency of the organisation and improving services.
Areas of Expertise
* Highly skilled in configuration management, network administration, supporting large network, network structure evaluation, documentation of standard processes, and maintaining LAN/WAN environment
* Demonstrated ability to review security architectural designs, develop strategy to protect organisation from misuse, and implement policies and associated plans for network administration.
* Possess in-depth knowledge and experience with Cisco routers and switches, routing protocols, ASA platforms, and LAN related technologies.
* Familiar with the latest network security technologies and multiple operating systems. Adept resolving complex problems in stressful high-pressured situations by utilising good judgment skills.
Infinistream; Wireshark; gigamon; Xstream; SteelCentral
Routing & Switching:
Nexus 5K/3K; Juniper SRX MX; MPLS
BlueCoat SG/CAS, SSLVA; Checkpoint VSX, Paloalto firewall; Radware IPS and load balancer; Juniper SRX, NetScreen SSG; IPSEC connectivity
Bloomberg L.P, (http://www.bloomberg.com/), Hong Kong
Network Engineer (Internet and Security project and implementation) (2013 – Present)
NSEF team (Network, Security Engineering and Feeds)
Formulate and execute plans to effectively manage and implement project activities, including the Internet and APAC security area. Delegate work responsibilities to team members, define configuration management, and streamline workflow, resulting in project operational efficiency. Deliver support to peers while managing the network security area in APAC time zone, including internet gateways, Firewalls for multiple DMZs, Traffic splitting, Proxy, SSL decryption, and antivirus systems, as well as IPSEC VPN connections. Render expertise while performing troubleshooting, routing and switching, and security-related functions.
* Structured processes and procedures to streamline and augment project functions, established policies network administration and disaster recovery. Oversaw network performance and took the appropriate initiative to troubleshoot problem areas.
* Administered DMZ restructure, upgrade, and migration, redesigned Mumbai DC internet gateway, and performed internet terminal gateway performance tuning.
* Supervised project management, application, design, and rollout functions of the total solution for China user’s internet connectivity slowness issue.
* Enhanced performance and skills of team members to efficiently support different technology areas, also facilitated Bloomberg's new hires by creating Meteor for the ‘TechOps buddy’ programme.
Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Ltd, Hong Kong
Senior Network Administrator (2011 – 2013)
Provided technical advice and expert recommendations to regional offices and implemented best practices to troubleshoot network performance and security issues. Ensured network access and evaluation practices to reduce operational risk and improve network availability. Minimised operational risk while performing technical functions which included Cisco switches and routers, Solarwinds monitoring systems, and Citrix XenApp.
* Led day-to-day administrative functions of network infrastructure and operations, including project planning, capacity planning, inventory management, and vendor management. Successfully controlled critical functions and delivered a stable platform for financial services by escalating LAN and WAN problems.
* Accomplished all assigned technical tasks in an efficient manner, including APAC WAN administration, monitoring of ACS and RSA authentication server, and supervision of Juniper SSLVPN and IDP, F5 Loadbalancer (GTM/LTM).
Hong Kong Hub site Data Center relocation and consolidation | Restructure monitoring systems deployment | Core switches upgrade.
Wellington Global Investment Management Ltd, City, Location
IS consultant (network engineering) (2008 – 2011)
Oversaw more than 3000 user’s networks in the global region by utilising key technical skills and knowledge. Used various technologies to conduct root cause analysis which included MPLS, QoS, Ethernet, Web filtering, remote access, WAN acceleration, DNS