Cybersecurity: Elements, Trends, Risks, and Impacts (Term Paper Sample)
This is a paper about cybersecurity. I was required to write a 6-7 page paper using APA referencing style. additionally, I was required to use at least 5 sources for the paper. The Paper was expected to cover the following concepts.
1. elements of cyber security
2. trends in cybersecurity
3. cybersecurity risks
4. impact of cybersecurity breaches
Over the last three decades, the information and communication technology (ICT) industry has seen tremendous growth and evolution (Reddy & Reddy, 2014). ICT is becoming more omnipresent and integral to modern society's activities. ICT systems are generally interdependent, so if one component fails, it will affect other systems. Policymakers and security experts have expressed growing concern about the protection of ICT systems because the severity and frequency of cyberattacks is expected to increase over the next decade. Cybersecurity refers to the protection of information and information systems from attacks, natural and man-made disasters, and technical failures (Reddy & Reddy, 2014).
Elements of Cybersecurity
Cyber attackers exploit the vulnerabilities that arise because of human-computer interactions. Information security managers can identify weaknesses from which attacks can be launched if they have a clear understanding of the elements of cybersecurity. Application security, information security, network security, business continuity, and end-user security training are all components of cyber security.
Application security is the use of procedural controls, physical security measures, software, and hardware to safeguard applications against potential cybersecurity issues. Knowing the potential dangers, adequately securing the applications, and assuring security during the software development process are all part of the approach to preventing security threats to applications. During the software development process, security precautions are made to reduce the likelihood that hackers will be able to manipulate the application to gain access to, steal, modify, or delete sensitive data using unauthorized
- The Underlying Logic that Shapes The Present Moment of The Media in TransitionDescription: The contemporary media landscape comprises of not only the tools and the emerging technologies but also the evolving cultural practices. It is important that anybody understands the underlying logic that shapes the present moment of the media in transition, CITATION ANe11 \l 1033 (AN et al, 2011) .Gaining a...1 page/≈275 words| 8 Sources | APA | Technology | Term Paper |
- Total Quality ManagementDescription: Obtaining an insight into (TQM) total quality management regulation is something that other educational institutions and higher learning institutions can do through long-term and extensive planning and an annual quality program development and creation that contributes significantly to achieving higher...6 pages/≈1650 words| 4 Sources | APA | Technology | Term Paper |
- Information Technology SolutionsDescription: According to a recent poll of manufacturing leaders, 92 per cent say that e-business is critical, and 84 per cent believe it is critical to their firms' long-term success. Vendor and supplier integration, human resources, finance, manufacturing, marketing, procurement, and various other applications are all...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Technology | Term Paper |