2 pages/≈550 words
Visual & Performing Arts
Coursework Assignment: The History and Development of Arts (Coursework Sample)
the history and development of artssource..
Outline of Movements in ArtStudent’s Name Institution Movements in Art Renaissance (14th - 17th century) Renaissance is a period in Europe dating form 14th to 17th century and is historically considered as the bridge between modern history and middle ages (Panofsky, 1960). Renaissance is associated with a cultural movement that began in Italy during the late medieval period and later spread to the rest of Europe with humanism as its intellectual basis. Renaissance is also attributed to the rediscovery of the Greek philosophy which stipulated that ‘man is the measure of all things’ and this formed the new thinking that shaped art, literature and architecture (Panofsky, 1960). As a cultural movement, renaissance led to new classical techniques of portraying reality through paintings. One distinguishable aspect of renaissance is the development of a realistic perspective that was in turn exhibited through arts such as classical painting. Artwork significant to the movement
- Giotto di Bondone; the Crucifix, 1290 was completed at the Dominicans, Saint Maria Novella.
- Michelangelo (also known as Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni); The Doni Tondo; 1504-06; St. Florence Italy.
- Federico Barocci; 1592-96; The Annunciation; Vatican (Rome)
- Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio; 1601-1606; Death of the Virgin
- The Wanderer above the Sea of Fog is a romantic masterpiece that exudes the terrifying mastery of landscape through painting.
- This painting uses rich, vivid and warm colors
- Claude Monet; Poppies; 1873; Paris
- Camille Don...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Artwork Review: What Painting Technique Did The Artist Use?Description: Answer all three of the following questions per work of art shown below. You should reference your book to aid you in answering these questions...5 pages/≈1375 words| 8 Sources | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Coursework |
- Analysis of West Side Story and Describing the ExperienceDescription: The park was fantastic and had many beautiful buildings. There were a small cafe and an entrance leading to the theater center. ...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Coursework |
- GamingDescription: The Santa para via game I played online was an interesting game that gave me insight into the meaning of human ecology in any nation....2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Coursework |