Opening Case: Ducati Redesigns its Operations (Essay Sample)
Ducati updated their business systems and the consumer’s ability to interact with them. In this module, you have learned about the importance of business systems and e-commerce to an organization. In this case study, you will focus on improvements and benefits made by Ducati.
Write a 2 page paper not including the cover page or reference pages, that answers the questions from the textbook case study 9.1 - Ducati Redesigns Its Operations. You must cite at least five independent scholarly sources to support your position, using appropriate APA format.
Before you begin writing, please review the Case Study Guidelines for information.
Please take note of the resource listed below as you select external scholarly sources for this assignment:
Scholarly sources can generally be identified by several features:
• Content (topic being discussed)
• Audience (for the layperson or someone familiar with the research on the subject?)
• Language (higher level language and discipline-specific terminology)
• Intent (case study, report of experimental results, etc.)
• Authorship (qualifications of author to write on the topic, usually an advanced degree with years of experience and research on the topic)
• Peer-reviewed (material is evaluated by experts and only published if it meets the discipline’s standards)
• References (other materials used in the research process are listed in a bibliography or footnotes)
• Listing (Check Ulrich’s in the Research Databases to see if the publication is listed as refereed.)
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Upload Submission.” Enter the submission title and then click on “Select a file to upload.” Browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to Submission File. Click on “Continue.” Confirm submission is correct and then click on “Accept Submission & Save.”
M5A1: Case Study: Textbook Case Study: Case 9.1 Opening Case: Ducati Redesigns Its Operations
Case 9.1 Opening Case: Ducati Redesigns Its Operations
Business employees faced conflicting information or one that is obsolete regarding item stock, accessibility, and asking for time plans (Turban, Pollard, & Wood, 2018). The problem was arising from the repeated failure to facilitate information storehouses and correspondence frameworks. The effort was put into cutting activities' expenses.
Due to stiff competition and severe financial conditions globally, bike dealerships brought something new to the table, clients' better self-esteem and after-deals administrations (Romero-Valle, 2017). Ducati's models are unmatched when it comes to innovation and inventive structures, meaning they serve as benchmarks. For that reason, even if by some means they managed to retain their reputation and bleeding edge status, they still could not slice R&D.
Merchants must be familiarized with numerous items and customization alternatives for their consumers. Repeated failures to facilitate informal storehouses and correspondence frameworks led to conflicting or obsolete information regarding item stock, accessibility, and requesting time plans (Ducati Motor Holding S.P.A, 2014). Merchants can get a solitary purpose of access to Ducati's back-end framework through the DCS application.
The SAP-based interface known as the DCS is used by dealers to find, send, and get data critical to put masterminds through a point-of-offer (POS) device. After that, they can track organizers via the age and transport frames (Romero-Valle, 2017). The dealers who are approved get revives directly through the Apple App Store. In addition, they orchestrate a dream cruiser of the consumer through the approach of a configurator application on their iPads. An email is then sent to the customer regarding the revamped cruiser and other items.
Traders work smoothly with their partners and complete the arrangements without delay (Romero-Valle, 2017). A distinctive consumer experience was expected to be similar to PCs, iPhones, and iPads; in spite of, continuous strengthening of arrangements, the DCS application on iPad advances as a readiness interface that invigorates the traders in regard to the propelling item advertisement of Ducati.
DCS tackles a fundamental change in the cooperating technique and currently serves over 5,500 consumers across the globe. Compared to the old response system, a change in the administrator's program has aided vendors to move forward effectively to the DCS system (Jelassi, & Martínez-López, 2020). iPad is the right device and is easy to use, according to Global Sales' statement at Ducati's vice president Cristiano Silei. He asserted that "it was clear from the start that iPad was the right device. It is the simplicity, the immediate usability. Everyone understands how it works in just a few minutes."
Shippers ought to make the experience of visiting a dealership extraordinary for customers. And according to Silei, the iPad plays a very important role in the future of Ducati. Ducati shippers got a handle on the DCS in a timely manner and had a positive reaction towards it, stating that "it is an unmistakable preferred standpoint" and an "uncommon help” (App Store, 2018). Given the number of people DCS serves, it places Ducati in a good position because by using shipper correspondence, Ducati can achieve the following:
• It can get and harden the neighborhood, in addition to overall arrangement development, certification, spare parts, and organization activity (Jelassi, & Martínez-López, 2020). It can upgrade the ability of the association to respond promptly to the changing customer demands.
• Dealers retain every aspect of their businesses and have a lively mechanical assembly to carry out their operational, improveme
- Yahoo Wins the Gold Medal & Silver Medals for Worst Hacks in HistoryDescription: Yahoo as a web service provider has severally become a hack victim among its data users. In 2012, the company noticed the foremost data breach incidences reported to have happened nearly six times parallel to another. Yahoo established that a total of 3 billion accounts were impacted during the ...2 pages/≈550 words| 6 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Insider Threat Problems and Solutions in the Organizational IT SystemsDescription: Anyone who is close to an organization like an employee, a contractor, a business partner, a board member, or any other business partner can perpetrate an insider threat either intentionally or unintentionally as long as they have access to the company’s data and computer systems (Safa et al., 2019). The ...2 pages/≈550 words| 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Discussion on the Negative Impacts of Corona Virus on BusinessesDescription: The emergence of COVID- 19 has caused an economic shock which affected small and macro businesses worldwide by disrupting supply chains, reducing the labor force, and increased most of productions due to the cost of digitalization; all these factors have caused reduction in productivity and in extreme cases...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |