Presentation for First Day of School (Essay Sample)
or this assignment, identify a class of students in grades 4-5th grades, with 32 students in the class. Establishing classroom procedures and routines helps to optimize time for instruction and allows the learning environment to operate efficiently. Students and teachers need to have procedures for everything, based on the needs of the particular class.
Write a 500-word presentation supported with 4 or more additional cited references for the first day of school that will demonstrate how you will introduce expectations, processes, and how you will address diversity in the class.
Your paper MUST include ALL three parts:
First answer ALL questions in Part 1 - Introduction
• How to introduce yourself to your students
• How students will introduce themselves to each other
• How the expectations, procedures, and behavior management will be introduced
• How the procedures and expectations will be enforced, along with possible consequences
Next answer ALL questions in Part 2 - Expectations for Policies and Procedures
Choose five policies and procedures, for a 4th-5th grade class, from the list below, describe how to implement them in your classroom:
• Entering the classroom
• Using the restrooms
• When students may go to the trash cans
• The use of technology in the classroom
• Turning in classwork and homework
• Talking to others in the classroom
• Gaining student attention
Then answer ALL questions in Part 3 - Incorporate Diversity support with cite(s) from https://www.edutopia.org/blog/preparing-cultural-diversity-resources-teachers
• How to address diverse needs in your class (e.g., a student in a wheelchair, a student does not speak English, a student who does not celebrate traditional holidays, a student who cannot eat certain foods because of religion, a student who is a different race than the rest of the class, etc.)
• How to instructionally support various diverse needs, including language, family backgrounds, skills, and abilities in your classroom
• How to develop a culture in your classroom that values each students’ diverse background
• How to establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with families.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. APA double space format, Title Page, Cited Sources with a Reference Page is REQUIRED. An abstract is not required.
This assignment requires a Reference Page with 4 or more cited sources
Presentation for First Day of School
Part 1: Introduction
I will introduce myself to the students by greeting and asking them how they are doing. I will ask the students whether they know who is next to them and give everyone a chance to introduce themselves to their classmates (Shields-Lysiak et al., 2020). It is very important to state the expectations, procedures, and behavior management at the start of the lesson. I will articulate them on the smartboard explaining to the students what is expected of them. I will make a copy of them and put them somewhere in the classroom to allow the students to remind themselves of the expectations, procedures, and behaviors. The procedures and expectations will be enforced through rules and regulations. The students will be made aware that they will be punished or not be part of the classroom once they break the rules. Students need to be aware that any bad behavior will affect their grades.
Part 2: Expectations for Policies and Procedures
The class will be guided by five policies and procedures which will be implemented. The policies and procedures include using technology in the classroom, using the restrooms, entering the classrooms, talking to others in the classroom, and turning in classwork and homework. I will explain all the policies to the students and give them a booklet that they will hand over to their parents at home.
All students are required to use technology when asked by the teacher to improve their learning outcomes. They should avoid using the technology for other activities other than learning (Dąbrowska, 2020). Also, the students will ask for permission to go to the restrooms to avoid them wasting time. They will enter the classroom before the teacher, and any form of lateness will have retribution. Talking to others is prohibited unless the teacher permits the students. Homework and classwork must be handed in on time. Students should do their very best as the assignments count towards their grades.
- The Various Arrays of Teaching and Learning TechniquesDescription: Throughout my educational experience, I have come across various arrays of teaching and learning techniques. Some of the classes I have attended have largely impacted my academic and social life while some have just left me with negligible influence. Throughout my experience, a good education established...2 pages/≈550 words| 4 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Teaching and Learning is a Lifetime JourneyDescription: Throughout my educational experience, I have come across various arrays of teaching and learning techniques. Some of the classes I have attended have largely impacted my academic and social life while some have just left me with negligible influence. Throughout my experience, a good education established a...2 pages/≈550 words| 4 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- The Community of Inquiry FrameworkDescription: The Community of Inquiry framework represents a necessary process for generating a meaningful learning experience. The framework is imperative for comprehending and stimulating online learning in colleges and university education, particularly the cognitive and social techniques. It tackles social ...1 page/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Education | Essay |