Business: The Impact Of Teamwork On Organizational Productivity (Essay Sample)
A 10-page essay on a given topic.source..
The impact of teamwork on organizational productivity
Every business works towards the success of its operations in the marketplace. Failure is not allowed. Success within any organization is based on the ability of embracing teamwork. Organizational teamwork can be referred to as a group of people who are working together with an aim of achieving a specific objective or goal within a specified time. Teamwork is one of the ways in which the 21st-century organizations are re-organizing their working strategies to better their performance and productivity rather than focusing on a single employee to complete the organization's project assignments. This has an implication that project assignments are no longer delegated to single employees, rather they are delegated to a group of employees who have been trained on working together to achieve a common goal which then promotes the success of the organization through successful completion of the assigned project assignment.
Organizations promote teamwork through:
* Defining the organizations goals and objectives. This enables the employees to understand the role of the organization and its targeted achievement at the end of the day. Therefore, employees are set to work towards achieving these common goals and objectives.
* Delegating duties to groups of employees. Managers and heads of the various department have the role of assigning duties to groups of employees. Duties assigned to groups of employees are efficiently completed as compared to those assigned to a single employee.
* Creating organizational exercises that result to trust-building. These exercise also led to conflict resolutions between employees besides building trust amongst the employees. When employees trust each other they can help solve personal problems and thus remain focused on achieving the organization's objectives.
* Defining roles for employees. Managers and the heads of departments define the roles of the employees. This enables the employees to recognize their role and their respective expectations towards the realization of the organization's productivity. Employees with common roles are set to work together for increased and improved performance.
* Effective communication channels within the organizations. This enhances employee to employee communication as well as employee to manager communication. Effective communication results to better understanding and it is also a major way of resolving conflicts between employees within the organization.
These activities and many more enhance teamwork in an organization. Teamwork is important to an organization because of it:
* Improves the competitive advantage of the organization.
* Increases the utilization of the organizations' man-power.
* Leads to cohesion within the organization
* Trains employees to acquire new skills
* Promotes a sense of ownership
* Fostering creativity
* Increases productivity.
Improved competitive advantage
The current marketplace is characterized by fierce competition. New organizations are being set-up every day. In fact organizations have flooded the market place such that through technology virtual organizations are being created that operate through the online platform. Technology has also led to the rate at which organizations reach the international markets. Therefore domestic organizations are also facing stiff competition from foreign organizations.
Amidst this competition there are organizations which have remained competitive and have so far been recorded great performances in the market place . This implies that there are strategies that can enable an organization face off other competitors and be on top of the competition. The major strategy is embracing team work. Team work increases and improves the efficiency of an individual employee output through collaborated working. This implies that employees who work as a team are able to attain the organizations goal through increased and high quality outputs. Organizations with increased output rates always have their desired products to market. If the products are of high quality they meet the consumers' expectations. As noted, increased output rate as well as high quality products is realized through team work.