1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Opinion paper (Essay Sample)
<p>Project description There have been many different types of correctional models that have been used throughout history (Medical (treatment) model, Rehabilitation (Reform) model, Community model, Retribution (just deserts) model and the Justice model. In your opinion, which model is the most effective correctional model that will help reduce recidivism. Please remember to support your opinion with factual information. Your paper should be in APA format and be at least 2-3 pages in length (the cover page and bibliography are not included in the 2-3 pages). Please pick one of the models that are on this list Thanks only 2 sources required</p> source..
Recidivism is a term derived from the Latin word recidivus which means recurring, as well as the term recido meaning to fall back. This term is essentially used to illustrate an individual who has repeated an undesirable behavior after which they have already been treated, trained to stop the behavior or have already suffered the repercussions of that behavior. (Rainer, 2013) Furthermore, it is used in the field of criminal justice describing inmates who have been released, then rearrested or reconvicted. There are four correctional models that have been implemented to help reduce cases of recidivism. They include:
* Medical treatment model which refers to medical intervention prescribed medication aiming at reducing recidivism by reducing biological, biological impulses that led to a particular crime.
* Rehabilitation model which is based on assumptions that criminal activity or behavior is caused by some factors.
* Community model is whereby released inmates are kept under parole in their society whereby they do community service.
* Retribution as a form of correction that focuses on evaluating the weight of the crime and it considers punishment proportional to the crime committed.
* Justice model limits itself in the administration of punishment appropriate to severity of the crime committed and leads to imprisonment.
This is any measure taken with an aim of changing the offenderâ€™s character. It is a way of treating offenders via various psychological techniques, counseling, and training. This form of correction model is very effective. To incre...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Intellectual Biography: Joan of Arch Research Assignment Description: The “maid of Orleans” as she was later called, was the heroine of France during the struggling period in the 15th century on the time of King Charles VII...5 pages/≈1375 words| 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Biggest Crimes Must Be Punished Severely Research AssignmentDescription: To write and argue whether the biggest crimes should be given the most strict and final SENTENCE so that those who tend to commit CRIMINAL acts may be deterred from dong so...1 page/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Academic Experts Application SampleDescription: Academic Experts Application Sample Literature and Language Essay...1 page/≈550 words| APA | Literature & Language | Essay |