Contemporary nursing practice Life Sciences Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
The field of nursing has changed over time. In a 750‐1,000 word paper, discuss nursing practice today by addressing the following:
1. Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual.
2. Compare and contrast the differentiated practice competencies between an associate and baccalaureate education in nursing. Explain how scope of practice changes between an associate and baccalaureate nurse.
3. Identify a patient care situation and describe how nursing care, or approaches to decision‐making, differ between the BSN‐prepared nurse and the ADN nurse.
4. Discuss the significance of applying evidence‐based practice to nursing care and explain how the academic preparation of the RN‐BSN nurse supports its application.
5. Discuss how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and how this supports safer and more effective patient outcomes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center
Contemporary Nursing Practice
Contemporary Nursing Practice
Nursing practice plays a vital role in the American healthcare system because nurses form a significant proportion of healthcare professionals. The nursing practice facilitates the improvement of National health by working independently and in collaboration with other healthcare professionals to advocate for the health of individuals, families, and communities. Nursing practice has evolved over time to circumvent various health challenges as they arise. Besides, different training channels produce professionals who serve differently to ensure the best health outcomes.
Evolution of Nursing Practice Over Time
In the history of American civilization, family members, friends, and neighbors cared for the sick in communities. The 19th century was the milestone of professional nursing practice in the United States because hospitals were established throughout the country, and nursing care became an integral part of healthcare ("Penn Nursing", 2019). Different hospitals conducted their patient care independently, and there were no nationally agreed-upon nursing standards. As a result, nursing care varied from good to haphazard among different hospitals ("Penn Nursing", 2019).
- Weather and Climate Life Sciences Essay Research PaperDescription: Weather in different parts of the world is ever-changing, making it challenging. Therefore, it is essential to have knowledge of the patterns in order to select where to live. The preferred location would be Hawaii because of all-year-round summer. The city offers consistency...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- Environment Life Sciences Essay Research Paper CourseworkDescription: People always cite many health benefits of shifting from animal to plant diet. This campaign of doing away with animal food is done in every nation of the world today. Researchers give evidence of escalated lifestyle diseases as a result of eating meat and other animal-related products...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- Globalization Life Sciences Essay Research Paper CourseworkDescription: Globalization is a term that describes how the world has become more connected and how different countries around the world are dependent upon one another as a result of trade. Technology is the main driver behind globalization. Due to technology, goods and services can now move more conveniently...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |