The Curious Case of the Disputed Rabbits (Essay Sample)
I will upload the case that goes with this assignment. Please follow 1-6 when writing the paper. Please also use some of the vocabulary words out of the book in chapter 1.
The textbook used for this course is: Operations Management, Second Edition, Cachon, Terwiesch. ISBN: 978-1-260-23887-7
Your case analysis will:
1. The presentation will capture the following:
1. Context about the business case
2. Identify primary problem and symptoms of the problem of the case
3. Tease out primary concepts associated with the aforementioned that align with operations and supply chain management – make a correlation to the cases, text, and the goal- as well as discussions had in class
4. Facilitate analysis based on key data, (case detail, research, discussion – including assumptions)
5. Present proposed solutions with recommendations for practical application, (what should they do and how should they do it)
6. This should be a comprehensive review demonstrating your understanding of the case and concepts
Again, it is highly recommended that you use your text as a resource, exemplars from your concept paper, facilitate research; concepts, the organization, etc. The goal is to facilitate a comprehensive analysis.
Business and Management Case Analysis
The Curious Case of the Disputed Rabbits
The case issue surrounds the rabbits' sale to Mrs Mary Quagrimple. By Martin Fesmire. Fesmire works with Pet Universe as a day-shift manager and reports to Gonzalez, his boss. He got the promotion recently since the person who held that office quit. Mrs Quagrimple is a loyal customer of Pet universe since she and her children purchase all their pets from that company. However, the stated case developed to be a severe problem which cost the company a significant sum of money in the lawsuits and taking care of the rabbits. Fesmire completed the transaction with Mrs Quagrimple, though in a rush. However, before delivering the rabbits, new rabbits were born. Determining how to go about the issue delayed the delivery and gave birth to the whole problem. Since it was not on Fesmire or Gonzalez to decide the fate of Mrs Quagrimple and the rabbits, the case had to be passed to the board of directors, which engaged its attorneys for decision making. Unfortunately, they took longer, running Mrs Quagrimple's plans and making her sue the company. The legal battle took longer than expected, leading to more rabbit births, a decline in the company's stock and loss of employment for some staff members. Although the company won the case in the end, the mess was evident since it housed thousands of rabbits, spent more resources to maintain them and finally opted to give them out as donations. In addition, despite carefully considering the company's rules and regulations, Fesmire and Gonzalez also lost their jobs in the end.
The main problem of Pet Universe is the lack of flexibility in its
- Global Supply Chain Management of McDonald's, Burger King, and KFCDescription: The supply chain is the company's method of receiving raw materials from the suppliers and distributing the goods to the end users. Supply chain management involves the management of the flow of goods from the company to the consumers. In supply chain management, the source of the raw materials is essential...15 pages/≈4125 words| 32 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Various Concepts Associated With Human Resource Management (HRM)Description: Human resource management (HRM) is a business practice that focuses on the effective management of people in an organization. It involves all aspects of managing personnel, including finding, recruiting and hiring employees, developing and training them, setting compensation and benefits, and ensuring...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Roles and Responsibilities of Team Members in a Team EnvironmentDescription: In my current job, there is a formal leader of the team, but leadership is also shared by team members. For example, when we're working on a project, the team leader will usually assign tasks and oversee the overall progress, but team members are also encouraged to take initiative and help out where they can...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Management | Essay |