Describe, Classify, And Analyze Objects In Relation To Their Attributes In Geometry (Essay Sample)
his lesson will be focused in the content area of geometry.
Part 1: Differentiation Lesson Plan
For this assignment, select a K-8 grade level and state standard in the area of geometry and use the "COE Lesson Plan Template" to design an original lesson plan. Be sure to examine instructional opportunities that can be adapted to meet the diverse needs of students, create learning environments that foster active engagement through supportive, and design assessments that align to learning objectives and support learning needs.
Use the “Class Profile” to differentiate to meet the diverse needs of students.
While APA format is not required for this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
College of Education
LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE
Instructional Plan Title
March 30th, 2018
Lesson summary and focus:
To describe, classify, and analyze objects in relation to their attributes in geometry.
Classroom and students factors:
National/ State and Learning Standards:
Core Mathematics Standards:
4. G.1 Draw lines, perpendicular lines, angles, points, parallel lines rays, lines, and line segments (right, acute, obtuse. These should be identified in 2-dimensional figures.
4. G.2 The two-dimensional shapes should be classified in relation to either presence or absence of angles of a particular size, perpendicular lines, and parallel lines.
Identify right triangle and right angles. The triangles will include special quadrilaterals such as square and rectangle, isosceles, equilateral, and scalene.
Specific learning Target (s)/ objectives: Teacher notes:
* To enable students to gain a clear understanding of undefined terms which include line, point, and plane.
* To enable students to gain an understanding of defined terms which include ray, segment, and space.
* To identify and implement fundamental postulates of lines, points, and planes
* Drawing and labeling of terms in a diagram
The lesson is under the unit of Geometry.
Time: 30 minutes
Pose questions to students based on the lesson.
Formative assessment will be used throughout the lesson to inform teachers' instructions. The assessment will involve a guide for note taking, mathematics journal for students, figure handout activities, and picture type activity.
Representation – it explains the complex mathematical concepts in geometry.
Expression – it involves the use of varying teaching methods that will help students to have a deep understanding of mathematical concepts such as drawing.
Engagement – it involves the use of discussion, students' involvement in identifying and solving mathematics problems and other strategies that will ensure students participate fully in class.
* Ensure effective use of appropriate tools
* Critique other Students ideas and reasoning as well as develop viable arguments.
* Implement the model strategy in mathematics
* Use structures.
* Ensure that regularity is observed in repeated reasoning.
* Students are required to reason quantitatively and abstractly.
* Observe precision.
* Identify and solve problems.
- Aviation Question: The Airline Industry is a Great ParadoxDescription: There is great difference between load factors and high yield factors.Load factor involves measures that maximize utilization of public facilities ...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | Other | Education | Essay |
- Describe, Classify, And Analyze Objects In Relation To Their Attributes In GeometryDescription: Be sure to examine instructional opportunities that can be adapted to meet the diverse needs of students, create learning environments that foster active engagement through supportive, and design assessments that align to learning objectives and support learning needs....2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | Other | Education | Essay |
- What Do People In The Petroleum Institute Know About Global Climate Change?Description: This sample dmonstrates my ability to go an extra mile to meet customer needs even when they make a request out of the ordinary. This client requested a paper in iec format and I delivered exactly that....3 pages/≈825 words| 8 Sources | Other | Education | Essay |