Matrices, Differentiation and Integration (Math Problem Sample)
This paper was about answering questions on seelcted topics in maths . the topics were matrices, differentiation, and integration. each question required to explain how to reach the answer vivivdly. I used diffrerent and simple formulaes to reach to the answer. I was able to answer the questions correctly and provided releavant solution. again, i gave the client the required references and he was happy about it.source..
Provide solution to the following questions:
1. Evaluate the following:
By employing ILATE Rule:
uv dx=uv dx- dudxv dxdx
Let y = x sin3x dx
Therefore, xxsin 3xdx -ddx(x) . (sin3x dx) dx
= x(-cos3x)3 - 1. -cos3x3 dx
= -xcos3x3 + 13 cos3x dx
= -xcos3x3 +sin3x9 + C
2. If, then for what value of α is A an identity matrix?
Comparing the given matrix A with an identity matrix 1001 ,
We find that cos∝ = 1, - sin∝ = 0 , -cos∝ = 1 and sin∝ = 0
For cos∝ = 1, ∝must be 0° sincecos0° is=1.
For sin∝ = 0, ∝must be 0° sincesin0° is 0
Therefore, the required value of ∝must be 0° for it to be an identity matrix.
3. The line y = mx + 1 is a tangent to the curve y2 = 4x .Find the value of m.
The tangent and the line passing in the middle of the curve are perpendicular.
Differentiating the equation of the curve we have:
2y dydx = 4
Therefore, dydx = 2y
This means the slope of the curve will be m = 2y and therefore y= 2m
When y= 2m , x = y24 = 4m2 ÷ 4 = 1m2
Hence x = 1m2 and y = 2m will lie on the same line at the point of tangent.
y = mx + 1
2m = m . 1m2 + 1
2m = 1m + 1
2m - 1m = 1
1m = 1
m = 1
4. Solve the following differential equation: (x2 − y2) dx + 2 xy dy = 0.
This is a form of homogenous differential equation;
dydx= - x2-y22xy
Making y = ux , we obtain u+ xdudx=dydx
Utilizing the form u+ xdudx , we have -x2 x2-u22x2u = - 1-u22u
2u1+u2 du= -dxx
Finding the integration of both sides gives;
2u1+u2 = -dxx
Introducing logarithms on both sides gives, log1+u2= - logx+logC
When y=1, x = 1 and hence 1+1=C;C=2
5. Solve system of linear equations, using matrix method.
x − y +2z =73x +4y −5z =−52x − y + 3z = 12
Making the equation in the matrix form Ax=b
1-1234-52-13 xyz = 7-512
- Metacentric Height CalculationDescription: A rectangular body 5 m long, 3m wide, 1.2 m height is immersed to a depth of 0.8 m in water. Find the metacentric height....1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | APA | Engineering | Math Problem |
- Rheostat ResistanceDescription: A 72 Ohm Coil of wire is connected in series with an adjustable Resistor whose Resistance can be varied from 0 to 88 Ohms. if the line Potential of wire is 115 volts, what is the Rheostat resistance when Power taken by the coil is 90 watts?...1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | APA | Engineering | Math Problem |
- DecompositionDescription: The symmetry group of a cube is isomorphic to S4 the permutation group on 4 elements. If we number the vertices of the cube from 1 to 4, and where opposite vertices are given the same number, the permutation corresponding to asymmetry can be read out from one of the faces. If we e.g. let the top face be ...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Engineering | Math Problem |