1 page/≈550 words
Mathematics & Economics
Statistics: The Appropriate Null And Alternative Hypothesis (Math Problem Sample)
Name of student.
Date of submission.
1. Identify or specify the appropriate null and alternative hypothesis for (7the following test. Express each in writing and the form of an equation.
Null hypothesis H0: we find that there is no significant difference in the distance driven by UniDun and the SF balls. That is Âµ1 â‰¤ Âµ2
Alternative hypothesis Ha: length powered by UniDun balls is greater than that of SF balls Âµ1 Ëƒ Âµ2
Where Âµ1 and Âµ2 represent the driving distance of the UniDun and SF balls respectively.
2. Identify or specify the appropriate statistical test to accept or reject the null hypothesis.
I use the t-test for independent samples with equal variances. The alternative hypothesis, in this case, indicates that a one-tail (right-tail) test is supposed to be utilized.
3. Identify or specify the statistical parameters, the mean, variance and standard deviation. Then calculate the statistical test and p-value.
The test statistic is given as:
The Excel generated output (using data analysis tool pack) is given below.
t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Equal Variances
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Linear Inequalities Math Problem: System of Linear QquationsDescription: Dotted line implies that the values lying on the line are not included while the continuous line implies that the values lying within the lines...1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- MAT101 SLP 5 Answer TemplateDescription: Solving Systems of Equations Subscribe What are the three methods for solving systems of equations?...10 pages/≈2750 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- What is the Use of RSA Algorithm Research AssignmentDescription: Computers and internet has called for tight privacy protection as users have their sensitive information stored on networks and on computers...12 pages/≈3300 words| 11 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |