1 page/≈550 words
Mathematics & Economics
Statistics: The Appropriate Null And Alternative Hypothesis (Math Problem Sample)
Name of student.
Date of submission.
1. Identify or specify the appropriate null and alternative hypothesis for (7the following test. Express each in writing and the form of an equation.
Null hypothesis H0: we find that there is no significant difference in the distance driven by UniDun and the SF balls. That is Âµ1 â‰¤ Âµ2
Alternative hypothesis Ha: length powered by UniDun balls is greater than that of SF balls Âµ1 Ëƒ Âµ2
Where Âµ1 and Âµ2 represent the driving distance of the UniDun and SF balls respectively.
2. Identify or specify the appropriate statistical test to accept or reject the null hypothesis.
I use the t-test for independent samples with equal variances. The alternative hypothesis, in this case, indicates that a one-tail (right-tail) test is supposed to be utilized.
3. Identify or specify the statistical parameters, the mean, variance and standard deviation. Then calculate the statistical test and p-value.
The test statistic is given as:
The Excel generated output (using data analysis tool pack) is given below.
t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Equal Variances
Hypothesized Mean Difference
t Critical one-tail
t Critical two-tail
4. In a three- to the five-paragraph synopsis, simply explain your results to the vice president of marketing including all terms of the scenario and results.
I want to determine whether the current UniDun balls could be driven as far as...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- About Mathematics Problem Assignment: Seek Out PatternsDescription: Mathematicians seek out patterns and use them to formulate new conjectures. Mathematicians resolve the truth or falsity of conjectures by mathematical proof....1 page/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Math Problem: Linear Algebra Assignment Paper #4Description: Assignment 4 of the linear algebra module deals with elementary vector operations with applications of algebra methods to solve linear systems of equations...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Area Under a Normal Distribution Curve Research AssignmentDescription: Take a position on whether or not the total area under a normal distribution is inﬁnite. Provide an example to support your response....1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |