Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Word IT & Computer Paper (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
this is an assignment for a technical writing course that i took in coursera.source..
Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Word
This article gives instructions to create an MS Word document accessible to people with disabilities. The text within the word document will be formatted correctly to be read by assistive technologies such as screen readers.
The core components to incorporate to the word document are the use of Headings, Lists, Alternate Text for visuals, Meaningful hyperlinks, Accessible Tables, and Color scheme. Follow the practices below for creating accessible Word documents.
A screen reader reads the document through hierarchy of headings. Ensure a logical heading order through Styles formatting in Word. (For example, use Heading 1 for the main title of a text, and Heading 2 for a subsection.)
1.Select the Heading text.
2. See the Home tab and look for the Styles group.
3.Select a heading style, for example Heading 1 for the main title of a text.
Group related items by using bulleted or ordered lists. An ordered or numbered list is for a list of items with a sequential logic. For example, the step-by-step directions in a recipe.
1.Select the related text to be listed.
2. In the Home tab, look for the Paragraph group.
3.Select the Bullets button or Numbering button, as needed
- Fareportal Company Survey IT & Computer Science PaperDescription: In a bid to understand the network infrastructure, topology, and implementation at Fareportal, the team conducted a thorough survey of the existing systems and made findings that would be useful to the organization. The intention of the survey was to enable the team to perform ...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | Other | IT & Computer Science | Other (Not Listed) |
- Web Page Replication It & Computer Science Paper EssayDescription: Assigned the Display:grid property to the records class and set the grid-column-template property to repeat three times hence showing the reports 2 on each column with each record occupying 1 fractional unit of the total size,with grid-spaced 30px apart....1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | Other | IT & Computer Science | Other (Not Listed) |
- Library Database Plan IT & Computer Science CourseworkDescription: Library Database Plan IT & Computer Science Coursework I was required to describe entities and attributes for a library. I was then supposed to use that information to create library entity relationship and activity diagrams....1 page/≈275 words| No Sources | Other | IT & Computer Science | Other (Not Listed) |