3 pages/≈825 words
Business & Marketing
Family Business (Research Paper Sample)
<p>This paper examines one of the family businesses in Ireland “The SISK GROUP”.</p> source..
A family business entails a business owned and operated by members of either one or several families. Some of the companies that are started as a family business end-up being publicly held. Non-family members normally operate many family businesses, but, predominantly, in smaller companies, the top positions are usually allocated to family members. Many people start up family businesses but fail within a short period. This is because they do not equip themselves with the necessary knowledge and paper work before commencing them (SCHWASS 2005). It is therefore imperative to conduct a thorough research and seek for advice before commencing any family business no matter how small it is. This paper examines one of the family businesses in Ireland "The SISK GROUPâ€.
History of SISK GROUP
John Sisk pioneered the SISK GROUP in the year 1859 as a small family construction business. Since then, the business has always embraced John Siskâ€™s vision of providing extra-ordinarily high levels of construction expertise by ensuring that its staff is well trained and motivated. Back then, John Sisk had an impressive record of work in the province of Munster, building hotels, schools, churches, and banks. The company got one of its pre-eminent positions in the Ireland construction market in the year 1979, when it was honored the contract of erecting the Papal Cross during the Popeâ€™s visit. Since then, the company has been expanding tremendously with establishment of branches in the United Arab Emirates and Poland (Wallace n.d.).
The companyâ€™s vision and strategies
The companyâ€™s vision focus on diversification and establishing an international record in provision of its service by honoring the familyâ€™s culture, providing quality services, and investing specifically on activities that yield long-term sustainable results. In addition, the company has a set of strategies, which include:
* Continued investments in the already existing businesses in order to seize opportunities in the newly established market sectors
* Concentrating on expansion of all their branches and establishing new ones
* Continued review of their systems in order to ensure provision of quality products
* Continued training of their personnel in order to ensure that SISK GROUP is a great place to work and their employees are inspired to their best.
* Focus mainly on their customersâ€™ expectations.
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Strategic PlanningDescription: Strategic Planning Business and Marketing Research Paper Undergraduate level...12 pages/≈3300 words| APA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |
- Tata VirginDescription: An investigation on why brand extension strategies are successful...20 pages/≈5500 words| APA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |
- Nerd PatrolDescription: A research paper on the viability of starting a new business in the line of computers and related items....20 pages/≈5500 words| APA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |