Nanotechnology in desalination Engineering Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
1. General background of the field ? problem definition
2. Currently used technologies
3. Drawback and disadvantages of the available (classical) solutions
4. How nanotechnology can help
5. Nanotechnology advances in the field as per detailed literature search: historical evolution up to most recent and promising advances/ideas/solutions.
Nanotechnology in desalination
Nanotechnology in Desalination
Water is a paramount commodity for human survival. For centuries, it has proven to be an essential ingredient for sustainable development and healthy ecosystems. It is significant for ameliorating the global burden of disease and fostering the productivity and prosperity of the planet. It is also a vital linkage between the human race, the climate system, and the environment. The lack of informed management of this critical resource is one of the reasons for the problems concerning water shortage that the world faces. The prevalence of mediocre governance of water and its related resources increases the competition between various water-dependent sectors, which consequently triggers all kinds of problems. From a sociopolitical perspective, water has a function of mitigating risks, such as migration, famine, epidemics, political instability, and inequalities. It is, therefore, paramount to ensure that strategies are implemented that will guarantee that the world enjoys a sustainable water supply in an attempt to mitigate the unfavorable effects of extreme climatic changes.
- Cost AnalysisDescription: Cost Analysis Engineering Research Paper...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Engineering | Research Paper |
- A Learning Curve: An Individual's Rate Of Learning Over A PeriodDescription: A learning curve is a representation of the rate at which an individual can learn something over a period. For instance, a diminishing rate of 30% would subsequently lead to a 70% learning curve. Ideally, repetition of activity over time reduces the time required to complete the task....4 pages/≈1100 words| 14 Sources | APA | Engineering | Research Paper |
- Engineering 183EW: Desalination And It's Place In CaliforniaDescription: One such potential solution to the issue of the rapidly diminishing fresh water supply is desalination. Simply put, desalinization is the process in which salt is removed from salt water, rendering the water safe for consumption....26 pages/≈7150 words| 9 Sources | APA | Engineering | Research Paper |