San Pedro Sula Background Engineering Research (Research Paper Sample)
PLEASE COVER EACH POINT
- Historical background on San Pedro Sula
- Environmental and public health problems without the water system on this city
- The purpose of this proposal is to design intergraded waste water system for San Pedro Sula which does not has a water system
San Pedro Sula Water System
San Pedro Sula Water System
City water supply systems are built to provide water to cities across the globe. The systems include the drainage systems, which involves purification of drinking water. A dam or water collection point, i.e., an underground aquifer, and storage facilities. The water networks also include a pressuring water station, distribution network and connection to the sewers. Th San Pedro Sula city in Honduras has been without a water system until 2000 when they installed a temporary water system.
The San Pedro city in Honduras is situated in the Ulua river valley. The agricultural city in central America was founded by the Spanish in 1536 and has since been rebuilt to become the country’s main industrial center. The city has a population of over 700,000 and has an interoceanic railroad connecting it to the city of Puerto Cortes (Brodzinsky, 2013). Its large population has contributed to high crime rate, rating the city as the most dangerous city in the world. Being the country’s industrial Centre, the city as various manufacturing plants that process foodstuffs as well as other products for export. The economic progress of the city, however, has often been hampered by the climate. For instance, in 1974, the city was damaged by the hurricane Fifi, which contributed to the slow growth of the city. The Same fate happened to the city in 1990 when it was also severely damaged by Hurricane Mitch. The climatically setbacks to the growth of the city are contributed by the fact that the city is located in the river basin of Ulua.
Environmental and Public Health Problems to The City
The high population and lack of a proper water network system in the city of San Pedro Sula have contributed to various environmental and public health issues affecting the inhabitants. For instance, the crime rate in the city has been rated highest in the world making it the number one public health issue. The violence in the city has been rated as being political, and economically based (San Pedro Sula, 2016). Political violence, for instance, has led to the decline of the environmental activism due to fear (Ransford, 2016). For instance, Berta Caceres, who campaigned against Agua Zarca dam is an example of politically motivated violence. This has led to the decline in environmental protection in the city.
Also, the city’s la
- Sir Isaac Newton's Significant Discoveries Impacted Current GenerationDescription: The famous scientist, Isaac Newton struggled all through and become the most educated person. He composed subjects including mathematics, science, religion, and philosophy....1 page/≈275 words| 7 Sources | APA | Engineering | Research Paper |
- Engineering 183EW: Desalination And It's Place In CaliforniaDescription: One such potential solution to the issue of the rapidly diminishing fresh water supply is desalination. Simply put, desalinization is the process in which salt is removed from salt water, rendering the water safe for consumption....26 pages/≈7150 words| 9 Sources | APA | Engineering | Research Paper |
- Research On Engineering Material Kevlar And Its ApplicationsDescription: Manufacturing of bullet proof vests is a business that targets both the law enforcement, military and the common civilians....4 pages/≈1100 words| 4 Sources | APA | Engineering | Research Paper |