Design & Implementation Project Of Chapel Pill, A New Sustainable Settlement; Its Infrastructure Needs And Delivery (Case Study Sample)
Design of insfrstructure in Bristol citysource..
DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT OF CHAPEL PILL, A NEW SUSTAINABLE SETTLEMENT; ITS INFRASTRUCTURE NEEDS AND DERIVERY.
The purpose of the design is to demonstrate how the development of this area can be provided for a sustainable energy extension to Bristol which would increase a wide range of benefits for both the modern community and the existing residents Bristol city.
Energy is an important aspect of all our lives. We use energy, such as electricity and gas, to heat our homes as well as cook our food. Furthermore, the current energy system in Bristol is not working in good order for the civilians in the city. Bristol Energy Network is an umbrella organization formed by individuals and community groups interested on energy in Bristol and the surrounding markets.
Ben, a single individual in the city has over thirty-member groups working towards a fair energy system. They are involved in many energy projects, including assisting people struggling to pay their energy bills, advising people on how to decrease their energy use and raising some money for and installing community-owned renewable energy projects (installing solar panels on community buildings). This facilitates the need to indulge in energy sector as a infrastructure development aspect.
The development plan in Bristol city complies of the RS, Joint Structure Plan for the former Avon Area and Replacement North Somerset Local Plan – June 2005. The upcoming Core Strategy has advanced to an upper stage. The Core Strategy Examination is always scheduled at November every year. The release Draft of the Core Strategy is therefore a material consideration and is considered below.
The main Strategic system once adopted sets out future strategic objectives and policies for conservation and development in Northern part of the Bristol city.
The below mentioned planning policies and guidance are relevant in the design implementation: PPS3:Housing
PPS4:Planning for Economic Growth
PPG13: Transport contains the Governments advice in transport and landusePlan Applicable regulations within the Structure Plan includes
* Policy3 – Sustainable development.
* Policy21 – Employment.
* Policy33 – Housing requirement.
* Policy28–Design and Density of Housing.
Replacement Local Plan (March 2007) Relevant Policies of the Adopted Local Plan are
* GDP/1–Location for Development.
* GDP/3–Promoting Good Design and Sustainable Construction.
* H/2–Proposed sitesfor newresidentialdevelopment.
The merging Core Strategy policies of the emerging main Strategy Publication Draft relevant to the design are:
* CS1–Addressing climate changeand carbon reduction.
* CS2–Sustainable Design and Construction.
* CS3–Environmental Impacts andFRA.
* CS5–Landscape and Historic Environment.
* CS10–Transport and Movement.
* CS13–Scaleof newhousing.
* CS14–Distributionof newhousing.
* CS15–Mixed and balancedcommunities.
* CS16–Affordable Housing.
* CS19–Strategic Gaps;
* CS20–supporting asuccessful economy.
* CS27–Sport,recreation andcommunity facilities.
* CS34–InfrastructureDelivery and Development Contributions. This document is intended to inform the Examination currently considering the submitted core strategy document.
DATA REPRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS-MAPS AND PICTURES
THE GENERAL STRUCTURAL MAP OF THE BRISTOL CITY
GENERAL STRATEGIC OPPORTUNITY OF THE BRISTOL CITY
Generally, on a great perspective Bristol city is strategically well set to provide a room for higher quality and integrated sustainable number of infrastructures. It is well illustrated in the above map/plan by showing the internal connections within the city.
Urban Context is located 5 Km from Bristol market and in close proximity to the existing built-up area to the north of the River i.e. the site has a good context. The existing scattered settlements of Pill and Ham Green are immediately opposite to the site. There is great opportunity to connect directly to the residential areas within the settlements to create a balanced, mixed-use sustainable community. Sustainable road Connections Strategically, the site offers a real opportunity to provide convenient and direct to Bristol City Centre.
Railway A inter link between North Council to the Regional Growth Fund re-open the Portishead to Ashton line for public access was unsuccessful and other sources of funding
- Discharging Of A Capacitor Through A Resistor CaseDescription: In the simple RC circuit as shown below, a short circuit is used in place of the battery in order to eliminate the power supply; as a result the capacitor will be discharging through the resistor....6 pages/≈1650 words| 4 Sources | APA | Engineering | Case Study |
- Design & Implementation Project Of Chapel Pill, A New Sustainable Settlement; Its Infrastruc. . .Description: Design & Implementation Project Of Chapel Pill, A New Sustainable Settlement; Its Infrastructure Needs And Delivery...18 pages/≈4950 words| 5 Sources | APA | Engineering | Case Study |
- Risk Analysis Assignment On Solylent Food ProductDescription: in this task, a food product was selected for a risk based evaluation. a risk analysis matrix was used to evaluate the likely hood of the risk to occur...4 pages/≈1100 words| No Sources | APA | Engineering | Case Study |