Mainfreight Limited-Case Study Analysis Management Case Study (Case Study Sample)
Mainfreight Limited-Case Study Analysissource..
Mainfreight Limited-Case Study Analysis
Name of the Student
Name of the University
Table of Contents TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u Part 1: PAGEREF _Toc9963791 \h 21.1 Introduction and Rationale PAGEREF _Toc9963792 \h 21.2 Ethics, Culture and Performance PAGEREF _Toc9963793 \h 31.3 Social Ethical Issues PAGEREF _Toc9963794 \h 41.4 Three Relevant Ethical Issues PAGEREF _Toc9963795 \h 51.5 Two Recommendations PAGEREF _Toc9963796 \h 6Part 2: PAGEREF _Toc9963797 \h 72.1 Global Economy Market PAGEREF _Toc9963798 \h 72.2 Modern Business Practices PAGEREF _Toc9963799 \h 82.3 Impact of Global Economy on Modern Business Practices PAGEREF _Toc9963800 \h 92.4 Organizational Goals PAGEREF _Toc9963801 \h 102.5 Impact of the Global Economy on Organizational Goals PAGEREF _Toc9963802 \h 112.6 Two Recommendations PAGEREF _Toc9963803 \h 12Bibliography PAGEREF _Toc9963804 \h 14
1.1 Introduction and Rationale
Mainfreight Limited is a logistics and transport company headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand. This organization was founded on March 6th, 1978 and since then it has established itself as one of the biggest freight companies of New Zealand. Since 1996, Mainfreight is also included in the NZX CITATION Lin15 \l 1033 (Lindeman, 2015). This organization was founded by Bruce Plested and Neil Graham and as of 2017, Mainfreight had almost 250 employees. With revenue of approximately NZ$3billion, Mainfreight is providing services such as transportation, logistics, supply chain management and freight forwarding. International operations of the organization are maintained and monitored by Mainfreight International that was initiated in 1984 by Gerald brother of Bruce CITATION OGr15 \l 1033 (O’Grady & Akroyd, 2015). Mainfreight has developed and maintained a strong and flawless international operation through numbers of acquisitions such as the acquisition of Halford International, Owens Group, Wim Bosman Group, Target Logistics, Caro Trans South America and DCB International.
Mainfreight Limited has also implemented several social ethical initiatives through their CSR activities and through their sustainable operations. The mission of the organization is to "to known as the favored service provider for the customers by providing tailor-made sustainable logistics solutions” CITATION mai18 \t \l 1033 (mainfreight, 2018). The organization’s mission statement shows that the organization is committed to sustainability and that is why; it has to follow social ethical initiatives through sustainability. On the other hand, the management of the organization also understands the areas that are affected by the operations of the company such as communities on which its footprint is high. As a result, the organization through its CSR initiatives ensures that impacted communities get something back from the company CITATION mai18 \t \l 1033 (mainfreight, 2018). In this condition, the purpose of this report is to find out social and ethical issues that Mainfreight is facing and how all the organization’s all activities related to CSR or sustainability are impacted or influenced by global economy.
1.2 Ethics, Culture and Performance
Culture of Mainfreight Limited:
The organizational culture of Mainfreight Limited can easily be understood from the first two Pillars of the company; among three pillars that are culture, family and philosophy.
In terms of the first pillar that is culture, Mainfreight Limited allows employees to,
* Keep reinventing with time and growth CITATION mai19 \t \l 1033 (mainfreight, 2019).
* Learn constantly where education is optional
* Decide their fates
* Keep everything effortlessly but tidily
* Breaking the stereotypes of bureaucracy, hierarchy and dominance
* Shun unevenness CITATION mai19 \t \l 1033 (mainfreight, 2019).
* Promote from within the organization
In terms of the second pillar that is family, Mainfreight Limited motivates its employees to,
* Eat together
* Actively listen to each other
* Sharing the joy of success and grief of failure
* Discussion issues or challenges openly to find out relevant and useful solutions CITATION mai19 \t \l 1033 (mainfreight, 2019).
- Discussion: Why Is It Difficult To Define The Concept Of Disaster?Description: The cases of natural disasters have gone up globally in recent years which have made the risk of disaster an international issue. Disasters have established significant fatalities t human race, the global economy as well as society....4 pages/≈1100 words| 9 Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |
- An Analysis Of The Complexity And Importance Of A “Clean” DatabaseDescription: The task was to ANALYZE a case study and answer to some of the questions related to the SUBJECT topic. This sample highlights the importance of data cleaning, team work and effective communication in an organization....2 pages/≈550 words| 4 Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |
- A Disaster Analysis Report Using The Principles Of Risk ManagementDescription: The task was to complete a disaster analysis report using the principles of risk management. The focus of the disaster analysis was the Tianjin China explosion of 13 August 2015. The sample is about a case based risk analysis for all sections of a business....10 pages/≈2750 words| 7 Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |