Challenges of Gender Mainstreaming in the Public Sectors in Kenya (Coursework Sample)
THE TASK WAS ABOUT STUDYING THE CHALLENGES THAT ARE ACCOMPANIED BY GENDER MAINSTREAMING IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR OF KENYA. THE TASK IS SPECIFIC ON THE COUNTRY KENYA AND THE CHALLENGES THAT THE GENDER MAINSTREAMING HAS BROUGHT UPON THE CITIZENS OF KENYA.IN THAT ;Gender mainstreaming includes gender specific activities and affirmative action’s whenever the women or at times the men are in a particular disadvantageous positions. Gender mainstreaming majorly targets in the participation of both the men and women and enables them to equally benefit from the development efforts.source..
QUESTION: DISCUSS THE CHALLENGES OF GENDER MAINSTREAM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR IN KENYA
Table of Contents TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u INTRODUCTION PAGEREF _Toc86702145 \h 3CHALLENGES FACING GENDER MAINSTREAMING PAGEREF _Toc86702146 \h 4CONCLUSION PAGEREF _Toc86702147 \h 6REFERENCES PAGEREF _Toc86702148 \h 7
Gender mainstreaming is the public policy concept of assessing the different implications for people of different genders of any planned policy action including legislations and programs in all areas and levels. Mainstreaming basically offers a pluralistic approach that values the diversity among people of different genders.
Gender mainstreaming basically involves the acts and steps that are taken to ensure that there is equality amongst the women. Gender mainstreaming is amongst the key actions involved in the women empowerments programs.
Gender mainstreaming includes gender specific activities and affirmative action’s whenever the women or at times the men are in a particular disadvantageous positions. Gender mainstreaming majorly targets in the participation of both the men and women and enables them to equally benefit from the development efforts.
However, for a successful gender mainstreaming, there has to be a set of principles to be followed. some are:
* Prioritizing gender equality
* Incorporating genders into politics and decision making processes
* Post conflict peace building
* Shifts in the institutional cultures
* Equal access and equal utilization of services
* Gender sensitive languages
* Equal treatments in public processes
However, despite the much efforts of mainstreaming, there are also challenges facing the gender mainstreaming. some of the challenges are:
CHALLENGES FACING GENDER MAINSTREAMING
Some of the challenges facing gender mainstreaming in the public sector are:
* GENDER INEQUALITY
The multiple forms of inequality among the men and women in the Kenyan societies has enabled the continuation of violence against women and girls to continue in both public and private sectors. gender inequalities have since progressed from ever since time thus being a great challenge to cope with and thus the inequalities causing a great challenge to mainstreaming.
- Six Models of Evaluation Social Sciences CourseworkDescription: Vedung’s chapter “Six Models of Evaluation” discusses common approaches to the evaluation of public interventions. He defines evaluation as a future-oriented meticulous appraisal of current and finished government interventions to direct better strategies (Vedung, 2012). He presents six common models:...2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Global warming: Myth or Reality Social Sciences CourseworkDescription: Global warming is a rise in levels of atmospheric temperatures as a result of greenhouse effect. Carbon dioxide gas, pollutants and other greenhouse gases are responsible for increased atmospheric temperature as they absorb heat energy from the sun and later radiates back to the atmosphere....1 page/≈275 words| 3 Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Analysis Of Eurasian Union And Its Perspective For Future And ChallengesDescription: In this comment I want analyze problematic and questionable issue of future of Eurasian Union....1 page/≈550 words| 3 Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Coursework |