Defining a Research Problem (Essay Sample)
Defining a Research Problem
What is the issue being investigated or examined and why is it important? E.g.,
* My study investigates currency fluctuations from an international perspective.
Ї Potential Research question: What is currency fluctuation and why is it important? Why do different currencies fluctuate by different magnitudes? Which currencies have the highest/lowest fluctuations and why?
Ї Potential Research implications: What effects do currency movements have on international trade, economic growth or corporate value? How can countries improve the stability of their currencies?
* This project examines the relationship between corporate performance measures and stock prices in the US.
Ї Potential Research question: What are corporate performance measures and how do they measured? Are they related to stock prices? What does the literature or finance theory say about these relationships?
- Using Excel in a Personal BudgetDescription: The type of spreadsheet that would be useful is Microsoft Excel. An Excel workbook can be a useful tool in making a personal budget. Budgeting is vital in determining the amount of income one gets and the expenses incurred. The excel worksheet helps to track all sources of income and expenditures incurred...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |
- What it Means to Reject and Fail to Reject the Null HypothesisDescription: A null hypothesis is a statement showing no difference that contradicts a research hypothesis that is based on population parameters. Rejection or acceptance of a null hypothesis is achieved by performing a statistical test on the collected data. A null hypothesis is rejected or accepted by researchers to...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |
- Role of GCC Governments in Private Equity and Venture Capital Description: According to Talmor & Vasvari (2011), private equity refers to shares that represent ownership or an interest in an organization does not trade its shares publicly. The GCC, in recent years, has had fast growth and development. The region has been established as a center of commerce and finance, as a result...6 pages/≈1650 words| 5 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |