Walmart: Mission Statement and Competitive Advantage (Essay Sample)
1) To discuss an organization that has really lived its mission statement.
2) i was required to discuss one element of competitive advantage that i have experienced.
3) The task also required one to provide an example of diversification experienced or heard about, and link a website or news article in the discussion.
Based on my personal experience, one company that has really “lived” its mission statement is Walmart. The mission of Walmart is to build a sustainable future, create opportunity, advance inclusion, equity, and diversities, and bring communities together (Walmart, 2023). One way in which the entity has lived its mission is by employing people from different backgrounds. For instance, in some of the Walmart’s stores that I have visited, I have observed that there are employees from different races who work for the organization. In addition, Walmart has numerous stores in many countries around the world, and this has created a lot of job opportunities.
Moreover, operating as a multinational company has provided an opportunity for other businesses to thrive. For instance,
- SWOT Analysis and Generic Strategy of Asymmetric HoldingsDescription: Strengths * One of the strengths of Asymmetric Holdings is vertical integration. The company has more than forty in-house makers. * Differentiation of the products. The company has lines of businesses under the same roof, including CT scanning, molding, and automation. Opportunities * They are manufacturing...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Specific Performance and the Direct and Consequential DamagesDescription: In the famous Mexican Hot Sauce case, Specific Performance is the only feasible solution against Madarigas. According to Kanamugire (2015), Specific Performance in business law is the primary remedy when there is a violation of an agreement present for the resentiful party. The case indicates that Morris...3 pages/≈825 words| 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Benefits and Disadvantages of Outsourcing GloballyDescription: Cost savings. Renting a production plant and its employees is generally less expensive than preserving them scratch. This is particularly true if the production plant is situated in a country with the lowest manual labour and living expenses than the United States. In order to produce goods, numerous...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |