Interpersonal Communication in the Science-Fiction Film 'Prometheus' (Essay Sample)
the fisrt step in the Assignment was to select a movie to analyze based on concepts in Interpersonal Communication. the second step required the writer to address The following based on the Movie:
1. the most competent communicator.
2. culture and gender differences that effect interpersonal communication in the movie.
3. how the main character’s perceptions likely affect aspects of communication.
4. examples of language use in the movie between some of the main characters.
5. examples of nonverbal communication in the movie.
6. How listening impact the way the characters in the movie relate to one another.
7. How do the main characters portray their emotions.
8. examples of how conflict and/or power were displayed in the movie.
Prometheus is a magnificent science-fiction film that exhibits different interpersonal communication concepts. Elizabeth Shawn is portrayed as the most competent communicator since she can modify her behaviors accordingly after assessing a situation. She is also empathetic and open-minded and considers different possible interpretations of other people's actions. For instance, during their exploration in the caves, Elizabeth empathetically says, 'I think they want us to find them,' referring to the aliens who had made inscriptions in the cave. She uses the words 'this is us' to remind the crew members of their mission.
- Challenging Aspect of Fashion JournalismDescription: Fashion journalism is a distinct style of journalism that includes the analysis and reporting of fashion industry-related material. Journalists in the fashion industry specialize in producing information for the fashion brand, and they use their interpretative abilities to provide compelling reports. Like...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- How Cyber Crimes Has Affected The Aviation IndustryDescription: The use of aircrafts as a means of transport is quickly becoming a favorable and convenient means by which passengers across the world choose to travel. The number of passengers has increased tremendously in recent past. As a result, safety is increasingly becoming a priority in the aviation industry. The case...1 page/≈550 words| 2 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- The Impact of Covid-19 on Mental Health and Finance of Healthcare WorkersDescription: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has had a profound impact on social and workplace settings in a variety of ways. People's mental health is harmed by social distancing tactics such as forced lockdowns and isolation periods, fear of getting sick and losing money, and apprehension about the future. People ...10 pages/≈2750 words| 10 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |