Summary of GPR method Engineering Essay Research Paper (Essay Sample)
GIVE AND DESCRIBE GPR.
EXPLAIN Summary of the GPR method
2.Schematic representation of GPR Pulse
The amplitude /magnitude axis is the horizontal axis is used to represent the location of the recipient in relation to the transmitter of a given sound.
The time axis represents the total travel times of measured or recorded signals
3 .GPR speed in Water
GPR for concrete:
4 GPR for concrete of 20m
5. A labelleed schematic diagram indicating what happens when a GPR pulse is vertically incident
Based on experimental investigation, amplitude of reflected radar wave tends to increases when the size of reinforcement increases. It is also proved that the angle between scanning direction and axis of reinforcement affects the amplitude of reflected radar wave as well. The amplitude of reflected wave is largest when the angle is 90°. This indicates that the magnitude of the GPR pulse increases at incident reflection.
6.How clay hinders the use of GPR
Clay and some other soils have a high conductivity thus being a hindrance to the use of GPR. High conductivity limits the GPR from penetrating the soil. High frequency GPR antennas can only penetrate a short distance down.
As illustrated below,the higher the water content, the lower the frequency of the GPR.
7. Why use low frequency Antenna
- Identification And Discussion Of The Problems Experienced In AviationDescription: The paper was about various problems that are experienced in aviation. The task was to identify the problem and discuss it. he cases highlight the importance of safety issues in aviation and some of the challenges that companies in the industry face as they try to improve aviation safety....1 page/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Engineering | Essay |
- Process Architecture Map: A Tool Used In The Performance Of A TaskDescription: A process architecture map is a tool used in the performance of a task; it assists in marking every stage that is to be worked. The process map provides the know-how about the individual who is supposed to carry out the duty....2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Engineering | Essay |
- The Solar Energy As A Solution To Carbon Emission And PollutionDescription: This paper provides evidence to support the argument that solar energy can help reduce pollution rates. Besides, the benefits of using solar energy as compared to the use of other sources of energy are also provided in the discussion ....6 pages/≈1650 words| 14 Sources | APA | Engineering | Essay |