HOLOCAUST ESSAY. Religion and Theology Assignment. (Essay Sample)
1) This link gives a brief overview of Jewish history during Biblical Times: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/biblical-times
2) This one is a visual! Take a look at this map, it outlines the routes the Jewish people took under Moses in the Exodus to get out of Egypt: https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/appendix-b/map-exodus-from-egypt/
3) This is from the Biblical book of Exodus, which lays out what the Jewish people should do as God brings that last plague on the Egyptians. This is the biblical origins of the feast of Passover: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/shemot-exodus-chapter-12
4) This is a (very) brief synopsis of the history of the Jewish people under the Roman Empire: https://www.pbs.org/empires/romans/empire/jews.html
5) This one I just want you to read the first couple paragraphs on the Classical Period, which talks about Jewish civilization in Ancient Rome itself: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/rome-jewish-history-tour#1
6) Last reading! This is a recent article on the Western Wall, and some of the political aspects of its location: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/11/jerusalem-wailing-western-wall-crumbling-stone-exposes-religious-frctures
YouTube links to watch
1) I don't know if any of you ever watched the TV show "The Big Bang Theory," but Mayim Bialik, who played Amy Farrah Fowler, has an amazing blog and YouTube channel in which she talks about Jewish life and customs (she is a practicing member of the Modern Orthodox Jewish community). Here, she talks about Passover: https://youtu.be/B4ofR01Fn7s
2) Lastly, the movie "The Ten Commandments" is famous for Charlton Heston's portrayal of Moses. It's also an epic of famed Hollywood director Cecil B. DeMille. This became one of the most well-known Hollywood depictions of the origins of Passover, so I want you to see how this was depicted: https://youtu.be/SIajxKkQYR4
For this assignment, I want you to give your opinion based on the the links I provided for you to read and watch! Please answer the following questions:
1) Much of what we examined this week with Biblical tradition and the Ancient Roman empire involves traditions started in these times that have filtered down to modern day; specifically we examined the feast of Passover. However, from Biblical times to now is a LONG time! How do you feel traditions carry on when they stretch that long? Can traditions such as these be adjusted for modern times while still honoring such a long ago past?
2) One of the links I gave you to watch is from the movie The Ten Commandments, depicting the origins of Passover. I also provided a link to the original text from the biblical book of Exodus on this event. Do you think the movie accurately depicts these events? Why or why not?
Course Name and Number
In the world we live, some people may be expecting that the traditions in Biblical life should be adopted to the modern roman life, while to some, they believe that we are in a new world and Biblical traditions should be our ancestor's past. Looking at the Jewish people's history, they had a common ancestor, Jacob, who had a widespread throughout the Roman Emperor. The people enjoyed a prosperous life, but also we are told of their liberty and freedom.
Every year, the Jews celebrated Passover, Shavuot, and Succot, which all commemorated events in their time. The celebrations during these Biblical times do not have a big difference in modern life. We also have different ceremonies that are celebrated each year.
- Religion/Holiday Assignment Religion & Theology EssayDescription: Assignment Purpose: The United States is rich with diversity, which is reflected in the observances celebrated by its various cultures and populations. Knowledge of the following diverse holidays and celebrations can enhance workplace and inclusion efforts. Please complete the chart below...14 pages/≈3850 words| 37 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- What have you learned? And how does having taken this class impact your original faith biogr. . .Description: This class has put so much information on religion out there. I have learned that different kinds of religions have very different ways and approaches. I got a sense of understanding of faith and God....6 pages/≈1650 words| 4 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Islam and Violence Religion & Theology Essay PaperDescription: Islam religion has often been linked to organized wars throughout history. Different short stories (hadith) describing the life of Prophet Mohammed indicate that he waged war against different groups of people during his lifetime (Peters, n.d). The Koran, also, on various occasions admonishes...1 page/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |