5 pages/≈1375 words
Recruitment and Selection Strategies of Senior Level Employees (Essay Sample)
THe paper covers the strategies used in the recruitment and selection of senior level employees. IT STARTS WITH A MEMO RECOMMENDING THE STRATEGIES TO THE CEO AS A HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER.source..
Recruitment and Selection Strategies of Senior Level Employees
TO: CEO, Human Solutions Software, Inc. (HSS)
FROM: Human Resource Director
DATE: 20th April 20, 2017
SUBJECT: New Recruitment and Selection Strategies of Senior Level Employees
Following the initial meeting and presentation regarding human resource challenges in the company, I have come up with strategies to be used in the hiring process especially of senior level employees. Upon your go ahead, my team and I did extensive research on the human resource situation in the company and consulted other sources to come up with relevant strategies to be implemented in the hiring process of senior level employees in the company. The strategies have been streamlined to go in tandem with the HSS vision, mission, and objectives. An overview of the strategies includes:
* Adopting new Recruitment Approaches such as headhunting, referrals, executive professional job boards and LinkedIn
* Selection approaches agreed to include a focus on the organization needs assessment, position requirements, and candidate requirements.
* Metrics used to measure the effectiveness of the hiring process which includes time taken to fill the vacancy, interview to offer ratio and offer acceptance rate.
Look forward to a scheduled meeting to further expound on the new strategies we formulated. Thank you
Recruitment and Selection of Senior Employees
Recruitment is a step in the hiring process which involves broadcasting to different platforms looking for qualified persons to apply for a vacant position in the organization. The selection process follows and entails scrutinizing to find the right employees. It involves interviewing and undergoing other tests to choose and A level employee for the organization. The hiring process of a senior executive becomes more challenging to the recruiters owing to the skills and experience the candidate has. It is difficult for the organization to assess the individual’s skills unless robust human resource strategies are crafted to choose the best among the pool of candidates.
Senior executive recruitment is quite different from the general one because candidates have specific objectives they want to achieve in the company. For the most senior level employees, the company can head successful executives from other organizations.
It is a high personalized approached made to an individual with high stature in a certain field or company and can duplicate the same success in the organization. The recruitment technique is most effective for a candidate with a proven track records and who continues to produce results on the current place of work (Guthridge et.al 2008 p.26). Headhunting means there should be a motivating factor to warrant the employee to leave a successful organization. Some of the factors include improved remuneration package, additional benefits such guaranteed insurance covers among others.
Referral is one of the sure ways to get qualified candidates, especially for the executive role. It entails a recommendation from the company employee and streamlines the hiring process. Referrals at times can be misused by hiring managers to recruit friends and family members (Croteau, 2012). There should be a high stake in the referral process and only qualified candidates are selected to the next level of the hiring process.
Executive professional job boards
The company can use professional job boards tailored for the executive job postings. Job sites such as Monster.com cover a wider view hence not effective. Executive job boards are likely to attract the right candidates based on experience and skills.
The professional social network is gaining traction as the favorite for most companies as a recruitment platform (Caswell, 2015). LinkedIn is effective because of its networking algorithms that promote exchange among executives. Its search engine is also effective in specifying the year of experience and skills required for a suitable candidate.
Executive selection is the most critical part of the hiring process as it determines the most suitable employees. Hu...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- What is Culture? Culture In United States of AmericaDescription: What is Culture? Culture In United States of America Essay (Undergraduate level)...3 pages/≈825 words| APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Why College Football is PopularDescription: Americans cultic following of American football can only be rivaled by the love Britons show for soccer games....1 page/≈275 words| APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Do Smartphones Bring Harmful Effects to Children?Description: Smartphone brings lots negative effect to children on learning, social and health. If given smartphones, most children would be tempted to carry them to school....1 page/≈275 words| APA | Social Sciences | Essay |