INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT. Management Essay (Essay Sample)
topic: International Human Resource Management
Assignment instructions: Your task is to produce 800 words critical discussion on the following topics. For your task, you have to present the existing literature on the topic and critically analyse the debates in the academia. Note that critical analysis means testing propositions. You are not expected only to summarise what scholars have said about a problem, but to evaluate their propositions. The analysis should draw on relevant guidance, templates and academic theory and/or case-studies as necessary. You must use and cite at least 8 academic sources in your discussion.
Topic: Du Plessis and Beaver (2008) argue that pay and conditions of work should not be standardised in multi-national companies. Critically discuss their argument and explain and justify your position on this issue in 900 words or less.
Source: Andries J du Plessis and Bob Beaver, (2008) The Changing Role of Human Resource Managers for International Assignments International Review of Business Research Papers, Vol.4.No.5. October-November2008 Pp.166-18)
Assignment details: your essay needs to include the following points:
1. Have a critical understanding of the role of pay and reward in relation to different types of employees/international employees including performance and motivation.
2. Have a critical understanding of the different types of reward and compensation approaches and practices.
3. Appreciate the role and implications of country and firm level differences in employment regulations and worker rights and protections, and differences in cultural values, in the development of reward and compensation practices.
4. Employment and other laws and practices in other countries.
5. Means and reasons for different individual and collective representation, communications, co-ordination and negotiation in different countries.
6. Different social security and pay and benefit systems in different countries.
7. Concepts of transnational co-ordination and control and centralised, decentralised, regional and local control models.
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Location of the institution
International Human Resource Management: Duplessis and Beaver (2008)
Due to Increased globalization, human resource managers are faced with the responsibility of effective employee management to minimize turnover rates (du Plessis and Beaver, 2008, p.166). Multinational organizations are required to embrace effective human resource managerial skills to ensure that they retain their places on the global market (du Plessis, and Beaver, 2008, p.166). In their research paper, du Plessis and Beaver discuss major issues that face HR managers and provide effective duties for managers in executing the International Human Resource Manager. Critical analysis of this study allows us to understand the roles and types of rewards, national and firm-level differences in worker laws and regulations, collective and individual representations as well as social security and pay benefit systems.
Payments and rewards vary from country to country. Employee payment systems are different across nations due to differences in the socio-economic and legal practices of each nation (Mujtaba and Shuaib, 2010, p.57). For this reason, it is possible that international employees may experience inappropriate payment whenever they look for jobs beyond national borders. These authors explain that poor employee payment led to the deterioration of the Chinese economy (du Plessis and Beaver, 2008, p.170).
- Critical Essay On Tools Of Organizational Change Management EssayDescription: The current organizational management experiences change at different levels. As a constant phenomenon, change is vital from the development and growth of the organization. As such, the leadership of companies must adopt the most appropriate approach in boosting their productivity...4 pages/≈1100 words| 12 Sources | Chicago | Management | Essay |
- Amazon in China Management Essay Research CourseworkDescription: Amazon.com Inc. is one of the biggest Chinese online shopping website based in Beijing China. The company was formerly referred to as Joyo.com but later acquired by Amazon.com and therefore acquired the name Amazon. The company was initially working as an IT information service and download website...4 pages/≈1100 words| 4 Sources | Chicago | Management | Essay |
- PROJECT CLOSURE AND LESSONS LEARNED PROCESS. Management EssayDescription: Project management consists of five processes starting from the initiation, planning, execution, controlling and monitoring and lastly the closure of the project. The closure of a project consists of all the processes performed to finish all the work on a project...3 pages/≈825 words| 2 Sources | Chicago | Management | Essay |