How Important Technology in Learning Education (Essay Sample)
Educational technology focuses on the use of computers mainly concerned with the narrow spectrum of technologies used for communication and the dissemination of information. This is why technology is important in learning and in education.source..
Importance of Technology in Learning and Education
Technology provides students, with easy-to-access information, accelerated learning, and fun opportunities to practice what they learn. The effective use of digital learning tools in classrooms can increase students engagement, help teachers improve theirs lesson plans, and facilitate personalized learning. Educational technology has its challenges, particularly when it comes to implementation and use. Educators need to be able to develop and weigh in on online educational content, especially to encourage students to consider a topic from different perspective.
Educational technology is a systematic and organized process in applying modern technology to improve the quality of education (efficiency, optimal, true, etc.). It is a systematic way of conceptualizing the execution and evaluation of the educational teaching techniques. It includes instructional materials, methods and organization of work and relationships, i.e. the behavior of all participants in the educational process. Additionally, technology make the teachers’ jobs easier without adding extra time to their day. Teachers want to improve student performance, and technology can help them accomplish this aim. Below are the examples of how technology can helps make the learning easier.
• Increased collaboration and communication
• Personalized learning opportunities
• Curiosity driven by engaging content
• Improves teacher productivity and efficiency
• Become a leader in enriching classrooms through technology
Since computers are not widely used in many schools, the teaching process is dominated by traditional methods. It is dominated by fontal form of work where teacher had enough interaction with students. Failure to thrive at their own pace and insufficient activity of students was one of the drawbacks of this type of learning. With the develop of information and communication technology, especially computers, a number of researchers (Morrison et al., 2010) were trying to see the benefits and the effect of their use compared to older traditional learning.
Educational technology has three domains of use:
• Technology as a tutor (computer gives instructions and guides the user),
• Technology as a teaching tool and
• Technology as a learning tool
Depending on the use and benefits, the research by Lowther et al., (2012) suggests that education technology has not yet taken its place, in spite of their recommendations. Today’s children use a modern technical equipment from an early age so that their coming in with new educational technologies at school will not be a problem.
Still, most students typically demonstrate confidence in using online education when they have the resources, as studies have suggested. However, online education may pose challenges for teachers, especially in places where it has not been the norm. Despite the challenges and concerns, it’s important to note the benefits of technology in education, including increased collaboration and communication, improved quality of education, and en
- Outcomes of Racial EmbodimentDescription: Racism has been a major concern in the entire world since time immemorial to date. People of different races are categorized according to the nature in which they were created which is beyond ordinary human understanding. In the United States, it has been considered as the cause of social inequalities that...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | MLA | Education | Essay |
- The Effectiveness of Assistive Technology Tools for Students with DisabilitiesDescription: Assistive technology is a vital tool that helps children with disabilities to perform tasks, communicate effectively, and participate in various activities inside and outside the classroom. When using this learning approach, a student is expected to accomplish multiple instructional tasks For instance...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | MLA | Education | Essay |
- Interlingual Errors Involving English and MandarinDescription: Language learning involves committing errors. They are evidence for a creative process in which students use hypothesis testing and various approaches for studying a second language (L2). A scholar’s native language (L1) plays a significant role in learning an L2 (Ortega 33). Errors resulting from L1...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | MLA | Education | Essay |