Importance of Strong Central Government after the American Civil War (Essay Sample)
The American Civil War
• Essay writing
2 pagesHigh school
• HISTORY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
• Sources: 2
• Due in 20 hrs
Write a 2-page (600 words) essay on the topic "The American Civil War 1861-1865" explaining:
• why the development of a strong central national government was so important after the Civil War;
• why it was so necessary for the development of the nation
• what were the reasons and outcomes.
Cite outside information. Two scholarly sources should be incorporated in the body of the paper and included in the Works Cited page. A failure to cite outside information equals to plagiarism that results in a failed assignment.
Use MLA formatting style.
Importance of the Strong Central Government after the American Civil War
The American civil war lasted between the years 1861 and 1865. It resulted from the uncompromising differences amid the Free State and the federal government to eradicate slavery (Foner n.p). The war left the southern part at a state of political chaos, social disorder, and economic deterioration; hence policymakers had to develop a strong federal government to aid in reconstruction.
The union's diplomacies by the end of the civil war damaged the southern vegetation's, farms and the full cities. Thousands of slaves rushed to the Union lines as their rulers fled the looming union militia. The inflation rate increased, and many people starved death and lost everything their possessed, clothing, homes, and the slaves (Tuttle 70). Therefore, the reconstruction incorporated three key goals, the reestablishment of the union, renovation of the southern society, and the enactment of the liberal legislature that will favor rights to freed slaves.
- JAPANS vs U.S.A CRIMINAL LEGAL SYSTEM. History EssayDescription: Laws are a set of guidelines which or rules which a community or a society follows and of which can attract a punishment or consequences when broken and they dictate the conduct of the people. ...11 pages/≈3025 words| 10 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Immigration History Essay Research Coursework PaperDescription: In the early years, deportation from the U.S. involved the utilization of legal and government resources. Between 1997 and 2012, more than 4 million immigrants have been deported by the U.S. government (Golash-Boza and Pierrette 272). Additionally, policymakers targeted migrants...3 pages/≈825 words| 5 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Racism in the United States of America. History EssayDescription: Racism refers to the discrimination of a person because of their skin colour or ethnic background. This vise leads to discriminatory treatment of people in workplaces, on travel, in the hotels, and even in government offices...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |