The True Cause of the Civil War: State Rights or Slavery? (Essay Sample)
Please write a 550 words essay on one of the following topics:
1) The true cause of the Civil War: State rights or Slavery?
2) Is Globalization a benefit or disadvantage to the international system? Answer the following questions: Has Globalization contributed to increased or decreased security in the international system? Can globalization interfere with the efforts of a state (
3) Differences and Similarities of Civilian and Military in Leadership and Management
The Main Cause of Civil War
One of the most remembered events in American history is the Civil War. The war was between the Southern and the Northern States from 1861 to 1865 (Aryal 59). The battle was one of the deadliest in American history, claiming more than 600 000 lives (Selby 260). One hundred years later, people still debate over what could have caused the Civil War. Some contend that the Northern and Southern states fought over state rights, while others claim that slavery was the primary cause. Regardless, history seems to favor slavery as the primary cause. Several records on the declaration of Secession show that slavery was a significant cause of the Civil War, as the Southern States fought to keep slave labor from their cotton fields while the North called for the abolition of slavery.
Slavery was the primary source of the Southern States' fears regarding state rights, as articulated by their Confederate States. The Southern States specifically rejected the Northern States' right to allow enslaved people to flee to seek refuge. According to
- Kruse and Zelizer on Feminism and Gay RightsDescription: Kruse and Zelizer note that feminism and gay rights movements have interfered with the norms of gender and sexuality in society (p, 89). However, in doing, these movements have influenced countermovement. Further, Christians have not been able to find common political ground when it comes to issues like...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | MLA | History | Essay |
- Violence Against Black People during Reconstruction and Nadir EraDescription: From the end of Reconstruction in 1877 to the commencement of the early 20th century in the United States, Black Americans suffered from high levels of pronounced racism. There were a lot of violent cases that befell them, thus messing with their civil rights. For instance, during the Nadir Era, most Black ...5 pages/≈1375 words| 2 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- Industrial Revolution in Europe: How it Spread and the ReasonsDescription: Industrial revolution describes the transformation of economic practices from agrarian and handwork-based to machine-based industrial manufacturing. The process marked a period in the 18th century where industries such as textile and mining introduced machines that could produce bulk products that previously...2 pages/≈550 words| 2 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |