Hematocrit Lab Report Health, Medicine, Nursing Lab Report (Lab Report Sample)
Hematocrit Lab Reportsource..
Hematocrit Lab Report
Hematocrit Lab Report
* Summary of the experiment
A hematocrit test is a measure of the mass of RBC by comparing it to the total blood volume. In humans, the acceptable hematocrit levels are 40-54 % and 36-48% in men and women, respectively. The hematocrit results are dependent on the quality of the blood and thus are influenced by the volume of the plasma. Therefore, if an individual is profoundly dehydrated, the reading may appear higher than normovolemic. The values are determined by the use of a microhematocrit centrifugation process. Also, with the advancement of technology, automated cell counters are used. The microhematocrit centrifugation process requires manual readings. The automated cell counters give results by multiplying the volume of red cells by the mean cell volume (Van Leeuwen and Bladh, 2016). The tests are vital in determining whether an individual has red blood cell deficiency.
* Purpose of the experiment
The purpose of the experiment was to measure the hematocrit levels of patients A and B. The test was to determine whether patient B had anemia since they had muscle pain and chronic fatigue.
- Biochemical Identification of the Unknown Health, Medicine Lab ReportDescription: Based on the above results for the differential and selective medium, they support the gram staining results. According to Mandal, Tabassum, Shuvo & Habib (2019) the PEA medium allows only the thriving of gram-positive bacteria, while MacConkey facilitates gram-negative only to thrive....1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Lab Report |
- Comprehensive Health History and Physical AssessmentDescription: The patient presented himself, and he seems reliable. Additionally, the assessment relies on an old California Pacific Medical Center chart. The patient has a good memory and trusts me completely. Therefore, the information collected has a perfect score of 89%....8 pages/≈2200 words| 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Lab Report |
- Lab Report 2: Anthropometry and Body CompositionDescription: The major methods used in anthropometry include skinfold measurement, bioelectric impedance waist circumference measurement, Frame size, and body mass index....6 pages/≈1650 words| 7 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Lab Report |