Hematocrit Lab Report Health, Medicine, Nursing Lab Report (Lab Report Sample)
Hematocrit Lab Reportsource..
Hematocrit Lab Report
Hematocrit Lab Report
* Summary of the experiment
A hematocrit test is a measure of the mass of RBC by comparing it to the total blood volume. In humans, the acceptable hematocrit levels are 40-54 % and 36-48% in men and women, respectively. The hematocrit results are dependent on the quality of the blood and thus are influenced by the volume of the plasma. Therefore, if an individual is profoundly dehydrated, the reading may appear higher than normovolemic. The values are determined by the use of a microhematocrit centrifugation process. Also, with the advancement of technology, automated cell counters are used. The microhematocrit centrifugation process requires manual readings. The automated cell counters give results by multiplying the volume of red cells by the mean cell volume (Van Leeuwen and Bladh, 2016). The tests are vital in determining whether an individual has red blood cell deficiency.
* Purpose of the experiment
The purpose of the experiment was to measure the hematocrit levels of patients A and B. The test was to determine whether patient B had anemia since they had muscle pain and chronic fatigue.
- Biochemical Identification of the Unknown Health, Medicine Lab ReportDescription: Based on the above results for the differential and selective medium, they support the gram staining results. According to Mandal, Tabassum, Shuvo & Habib (2019) the PEA medium allows only the thriving of gram-positive bacteria, while MacConkey facilitates gram-negative only to thrive....1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Lab Report |
- Individual Responsiveness Against Antigen, What is Antibodies, and ImmunoglobulinsDescription: Specificity and diversity immune responses are specific for distinct antigens. Memory exposure of the immune system to a foreign antigen enhances its ability to respond again to that antigen. Rsponses to second and subsequent exposures to the same antigen called secondary immune responses are usually more ...1 page/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Lab Report |
- Factors that determine Responsiveness of an Individual against AntigenDescription: Memory exposure of the immune system to a foreign antigen enhances its ability to respond again to that antigen. Rsponses to second and subsequent exposures to the same antigen called secondary immune responses are usually more rapid larger and often qualitatively different from the first exposure....1 page/≈550 words| 8 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Lab Report |