The Cybercrime Menace: Efforts towards Assisting Victims of Cybercrime (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Report should include a non-profit organization that will assist "Victims of Cybercrime". Topics to be included are but not limited to the following areas: Mission Statement, Objectives, Planning, Organizing, Leading, Funding, Operations, Training of Staff, etc. Paper should Describe Multiple Cybercrime threats and programs that may assist the victims. It may be new programs or restructuring existing programs.source..
The Cybercrime Menace: Efforts towards Assisting Victims of Cybercrime
Name of Institution
Name of Student
According to a research report by Collins (2017), the collective worth of the internet stands at stake if online security cannot be guaranteed. The research further denotes that the continued breach of systems by known and unknown hackers may lead to a loss of confidence in the internet by the general public and when that point comes, then the much emphasized worth of the internet will be jeopardized. This evidence of research finds support from further research which indicates that over the recent years since the inception of the internet, cybercrime has gradually grown to be a grave menace to internet users. According to statistical evidence, one in every ten adults has suffered under suffered under the hands of cyber criminals in the last two to three years (Palmer, 2016). Palmer further informs that while the figures in previous estimates showcased a lower rate of cybercrime, actual figures from the UK Office of National Statistics represent a very different image of cybercrime in the recent years. Palmer reports that annually, in the UK and Wales, the figures of cybercrime have hit a worrying 5.8 million incidents with over half the number being cases of cyber fraud.
With the above understanding, this report seeks to investigate the menace of cybercrime in the contemporary society suggesting ways that may be used to curb cybercrime. The report will be based on a non-profit organization – Anti-Cybercrime Union (ACU) whose interest is assisting the victims of cybercrime in getting remedy for cyber attacks or staying clear from repeated cyber attacks.
The report writer deems it imperative that before reviewing ACUs plan(s) for action against cybercrime and in assisting cybercrime victims, the report delves into a description of some of the common cybercrimes and offences. The International Journal of advanced research on computer science and software engineering best helps to describe the different types of cybercrimes on the internet. According to their in-depth study of cybercrime its types and methods of handling it, they determine that there are majorly three types of cybercrimes namely:- cybercrimes against individuals, cybercrimes against property and cybercrimes against organizations (Malhorta, 2016).
* Cybercrimes against individuals – To this extent, Malhorta finds that there are different types of attacks including cyber defamation, phishing, spamming, malware attacks and cyber attacks/bullying. All these crimes against an individual have the common characteristic of either lowering/defaming his online image or interrupting his online functionality.
* Cybercrimes against property – Researchers tend to agree that this is one rampant form of cybercrime recording millions of incidences annually (Malhorta, 2016; Palmer, 2016; Rutgers, 2010). Examples of this types of cybercrime include the stealing of intellectual property, cyber squatting and cyber vandalism.
* Cybercrimes against organizations – Rutgers (2010) research notes that hackers have grown fond of blackmailing organizations to pay them off to millions through illegally gaining entry into organizations records and even financial accounts. These attacks include hacking, setting up of logic bombs, trojan horses and virus attacks to entire systems (Phair, 2007).
The Anti-Cybercrime Union (ACU)
ACU represents a hypothesized organization to assist the victims of cybercrime, suggest programs and methods to tackle cybercrime and rid the internet of the growing insecurity that is recently encroaching. This section will delve into discussing the organizations efforts against cybercrime including the mission, objectives and operations of ACU. The writer believes that in detailing this information, it will be easier for the reader to understand how the organization proposes to curb the growing threat of cybercrime.
ACUs mission is to be the leading non-profit organization in assisting victims of cybercrime and providing cyber security to the global internet user.
The vision of ACU as championed by the founder(s) is to see to it that cyber security is restored and the internet is the most secure place that human beings can visit.
The below are some of the objectives that scaffold the establishment of ACU as a non-profit organization.
* To provide avenues for remedy for victims of cybercrime who report their internet ordeals to ACU.
- FedEX Case AnalysisDescription: According to the plaintiff Maryangella the alleged corporation FedEX on October 2012 received a package with a hand written address and the sender requested for urgent delivery to the specified address...3 pages/≈825 words| APA | Law | Other (Not Listed) |
- Applied Criminology, Prison Act of 1877 Research AssignmentDescription: This sample is an in-depth research to factors that led to the enactment of the prisons act act as well as the history of british prisons....10 pages/≈2750 words| 14 Sources | APA | Law | Other (Not Listed) |
- Considerations Impacting Research Efforts Description: One of the crucial steps towards coming up with a good policy is doing research. A good research ensures that the policy recommendations are well-grounded and supported by facts...1 page/≈275 words| APA | Law | Other (Not Listed) |