An Event Planning Activity: Opening Statement To Management (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
event planning: write a proposal to the management seeking their approval to upgrade office technology
your proposal was approved! you have been given money to fund a meeting with a team you will form to discuss the upgrade progress. prepare a program for the meeting and highlight how you will spend the money.
Exercise one: Opening Statement to Management
The Tristar manufacturing company has had a competitive work output for years. In the recent past, our increasing number of users have raised concerns reporting dissatisfaction and frustration with the quality of our technology. In the department of technology, we have been carrying out an internal research. The aim of the research was to find out the areas of weaknesses to rectify them and enhance our customers satisfaction. While conducting the research, we have noted that the company network consists of two windows 2000 servers as well as 300 Windows 8 workstations. We also noted that most of the workstations operate with a 1Gb or faster processor and 1GB RAM. As such, there have been frequent cases that the network, user’s computers, and new applications are too slow and crash very often.
The IT department, after research has come up with the several recommendations that will be critical improving the department’s performance, enhance the networks reliability and improve the working experience and efficacy.
We recommend that the management facilitates upgrading of the It department by providing the following:
1. 3 windows servers/ rack servers with specifications of 2.3 GHz, 32GB RDIMM memory, 45M Cache and five 1 TB RAID 5-configured hard drives.
2. three network switches for making segments in the network
3. 300 windows work stations and each to be equipped with 2GB RAM and 20 GHZ processor
4. 2 network storage devices with a storage capacity of 10 TB each.
With this package, the IT department will be upgraded and update network operations in the company. According to (Phillips, 2017), with fast and reliable technology, the organization’s departments can perform their duties efficiently and save time that will be used to enhance the development of the company.
This is a meeting for team members working on the IT upgrade project that consists of fifteen members. The meeting is scheduled to take place soon on a date that will be communicated to team members. It will take place at the company’s premise.
The main agenda for the meeting will be to formally inform the team’s role in the upgrade process at the company. Handouts on the presentation will be given to members as the presentation starts. Members will take in fun activities during breaks in the meeting. According to (Genadinik, 2015) as the leader, the important thing is to share with members the benefits that this upgrade will bring to the worker's experience and the company. Having received a sum $500 to facilitate the event, some money will be used to provide snacks for members during the event. The remainder will facilitate planning for the event.
EVENT TIME TABLE
Date and time
Members arrive and settle down
Meeting commences. Members introduce themselves and get acqu...
- Project Management Capstone Management Assignment Description: Creation of friendship amongst my fellow students in the same degree program is of importance because it would help me stay on track regarding program endeavors...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |
- Project Management Assessment: Quantitative Analysis, Wagga Independent Groceries (WIG)Description: Wagga Independent Groceries (WIG) is a business enterprise that deals in grocery products. WIG has formulated a strategic plan of improving network system...1 page/≈275 words| 4 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |
- Writing From Scratch A Business Plan On Perfumes AppDescription: Financial Projections this section contains the financial statements and ratios that are projected as per the business in the future...1 page/≈275 words| 20 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |