Military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) Rate In and Around the Vandenberg Space Force Base (Research Proposal Sample)
Topic: Revaluating and increasing Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate for Vandenberg Space Force Base to align with current cost of living and rental rates.
1. Data gathering approach: For my research I plan to use mixed methods (surveys and interviews) and both quantitative and qualitative research. I intend to survey a sample size of at least 100 service members who live off base. My research quantitative data will be gathered from surveys and research qualitative data will come from interviews. In addition, I will be analyzing statistical data of Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rates compared to rental/mortgage rates in the Vandenberg Space Force Base zip codes.
2. Data processing and analysis approach:
My strategic aim for data processing and analyzing surveys is to use SurveyMonkey. Interviews will be conducted in person with recorded responses being tracked by spreadsheet. BAH and rental/mortgage rates will be compared by quantitative and qualitative data, which will display a comprehensive breakdown of variation between rates.
3. 3. Operational Definitions:
IF service members at Vandenberg Space Force Base are paid BAH at the rate of cost of living, THEN:
(A1) service members can afford housing with comparable BAH
(A2) reduce wait list for on base housing
(A3) encourage service members to want to be stationed at Vandenberg Space Force Base
For the purpose of this study:
“Service members” means both Enlisted and Officer ranks.
“Comparable income” means equal to or less than the current BAH rate for Vandenberg zip codes.
“Reduce wait list” means decrease of number of applicants by 10%.
“Base Housing” means housing that is 100% funded by service member BAH.
“Encourage” means to increase number of requests to be stationed at Vandenberg by 25% and decrease the number of requests to decline orders to Vandenberg by 10%.
Military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate in and around the Vandenberg Space Force Base
Course Name and Number
As part of a Department of Defense program, military personnel stationed at Vandenberg Space Force Base will get a short-term increase in their Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). The current cost of the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) at Vandenberg Space Force Base is disproportionate to the cost of living and rental in the vicinity, as stated by the problem statement.
This study aims to determine if the current Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate at Vandenberg Space Force Base accurately reflects the area's cost of living and rental expenses. However, there are caveats to the research. The study's findings and recommendations depend on the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the data utilized in the study. If the data sources were insufficient, outdated, or biased, the validity and integrity of the study's findings could be questioned. A change in the cost of living or rental rates in the Vandenberg Space Force Base area could render the study's recommendations obsolete or unhelpful shortly after the report is released.
This research will use both quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection. One hundred or more service men stationed elsewhere than at Vandenberg Space Force Base will be surveyed. This survey will collect data on the respondent's demographics, housing costs, and satisfaction with the current Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rates. SurveyMonkey, a popular online survey platform, will collect survey data for the study. The information will be gathered through in-person interviews and recorded in a spreadsheet.
Military personnel stationed at Vandenberg Space Force Base will get a temporary raise in their Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) thanks to a program run by the Department of Defence. Since Vandenberg's housing costs are, on average, twenty percent greater than the current BAH rate, the base has been approved for an increase (Geiger, 2014). Many people have trouble finding a place to reside due to low BAH and a lack of suitable homes in nearby Military Housing Areas (MHA).
BAH for Air Force troops at Vandenberg is now being reviewed for an out-of-cycle raise thanks to recent approval from the Department of the Air Force (Fitzkee, 2014). The agency recognized and was concerned about the rising pay gap and lack of decent housing in Santa Barbara County, San Luis Obispo County, and the neighboring areas, so they conducted a rare out-of-cycle assessment. Rents increased dramatically in 2021 because of factors including the lack of activity during COVID, rising housing market costs, and a shortage of available units (Key, 2021). The rise is almost 25%," Jacqueline Core, manager of the 30th Civil Engineer Squadron housing program, said. Annually, revised BAH rates are announced in December and become effective on January 1.
The October BAH rise for eligible individuals is in addition to the annual increase that took effect in January of 2023 (Heidt & Sanchez, 2023). Vandenberg has looked at its on-base housing problem in addition to lobbying for a speedy rise in BAH. Up to nine months may pass while people wait for a base housing allocation. The command
- Closing the Gap Between College and CareerDescription: There are many job openings for graduates in all fields of specialization. The topic of interest, in this case, is whether there are equal employment opportunities for college graduates. Working fields are changing daily, and many graduates have found themselves in dire straits when accessing effective...3 pages/≈825 words| 7 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |
- Research on the discrimination among LGBTI older adults in Kisumu TownDescription: Research on the discrimination among LGBTI older adults in Kisumu Town Social Sciences Research Proposal...9 pages/≈2475 words| 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |
- Effects of terrorismDescription: Effects of terrorism Social Sciences Research Proposal...21 pages/≈5775 words| 13 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |