Research Proposal To Determine How Elderly People Perceive Their Situation In Retirement Homes (Research Proposal Sample)
Description- Assessment 2 requires you to produce a research proposal. The word limit is 1,500 words. You need to adapt some research techniques discussed in class to meet the requirements of a scenario you are given. This research proposal should be a commercial based research proposal for an organisation.
The proposed work is as follows:
• You will be given a number of specific scenarios in relation to an organization to choose from.
• You toned to identify and use suitable academic theories to form the base of a chosen research proposal.
• You need to produce a detailed research proposal.
• In detail, you need to:
o Propose a research project plan derived from the relevant literature with reasoning,
o Explain the methods / techniques to be used including a discussion of their strengths and weaknesses,
o Present why your suggested method / technique is suitable for this investigation for the organization.
o Discuss the applicability of the expected outcome results obtained using your method / technique.
o Discuss the theoretical underpinning of your chosen approach.
o Provide an outline project plan identifying the sequence of steps required to realize the project aims and objectives.
Guidelines and Additional Information
• You need to clearly explain why your recommended approach is appropriate, and what the benefits could be obtained by doing this research to the organization.
• Select one of the topics from the list provided on which to develop your research proposal.
• You are required to use the report template provided.
• Your report needs to be well presented and in a good logical flow.
• Good clear presentation using an appropriate structure demonstrating effort to communicate effectively is essential and will result in higher grades.
• Use of the Harvard referencing style for citing references – see http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/guides/a-guide-to-referencing/referencing is mandatory. This not only applies to the bibliography but also to in-text references. This is a major attribute of the Learning Outcome of this unit.
Research Proposal to determine how elderly people perceive their situation in retirement homes
This research proposal is more of an observational study that seeks to analyze how the elderly perceive the quality of care they receive while they are in retirement homes. Thus, the research question for this research proposal is “How do the elderly view and critic the quality of the services they receive as they reside in retirement homes?” On a different note, one of the objectives of the proposal is to carry out an assessment of the quality of care that the elderly is accustomed to while they are in retirement homes. Moreover, the study seeks to analyze the quality of care by comparing the quality of the attention in the retirement homes to that which the elderly receive if they reside from their homes. Grounded theory will be used to guide the process of designing the qualitative study that is to be carried out by the research to address the research question. 20 persons aged over 65 years are the ones that participate in the study. They do not have cognitive impairment and in so doing help in the determination of how the elderly perceive the quality of services in retirement homes. The setting for the research is primary care for four nursing homes. To carry out the controlled observational study, participants were elderly individuals who were aged ⩾65 years. On the same note, the participants are divided into two groups that are those who are residents in retirement homes who are 172 in total, and those that live at home who are 526 in number. After the research is carried out, the outcome will be measured in that clinical care will be assessed alongside explicit standards that exist. The quality indicators that set explicit standards are derived from the national sources as well as be supportive of the sentiments by practitioners.
To carry out research to determine or rather assess the quality of care that the elderly receive while in retirement homes involve analysis of the quality of medical care. With age, there are many health complications that the old are accustomed to and the effect of these complications is that their lives are at risk to the complexities (Carlson et al., 2014, p.762). Quality medical care is adamant if the elderly are to live longer and comfortably. There has been an uproar over the quality of these services in the retirement homes. Over the years, from the 1980s, the number of old people above 65 years living in a retirement home has increased significantly (Carlson et al., 2014, p.764). On the contrary, concern has risen over the inability of NHS beds to accommodate the elderly in these retirement homes as well as medical care by general practitioners (Carlson et al., 2014, p.766). Thus, they perceive the quality of care they receive from retirement homes as of good quality as compared to the same concern when they are in their residential homes.
There has been concern over some challenges that the elderly are susceptible to while in the retirement homes (Rodríguez-Martín et al., 2013, p.65). Some of the shortcomings that are associated with residential dwellings are that there is the risk of excessive prescribing of drugs. Moreover, the elderly are likely to be offered inappropriate drugs especially neuroleptic drugs that are commonly given even when they are seemingly not useful (Nikmat et al., 2015, p.117). Under-prescribing is another risk that is likely to be experienced by the elderly while they are in the retirement homes (Rodríguez-Martín et al., 2013, p.65). Some of these drugs that are offered in low dosage than what is required might be beneficial to these individuals and under-prescribing the drugs put the lives of the old people at jeopardy (Rodríguez-Martín et al., 2013, p.65). The medical care that this research refers to is the clinical care which the elderly benefit from.
Nursing homes also referred to as retirement homes, are now offering the residence for the elderly who are unable to reside house or are unwilling to occupy home. With the increase in the number of these homes, there is the need to improve the quality of care that is given to the elderly leading to the formation of a set of standards that meet the expectations and the perceptions of the old.
They perceive retirement homes as safe havens where they can res
- An Uncertain Marketing Revolution and the Effects of AI on Brand CommunicationDescription: The AI design can create sufficient interest in the commodity that would facilitate the purchasing decision...4 pages/≈1100 words| 3 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Research Proposal |
- How are organisations restructuring work in response to changing technologies and economic c. . .Description: How are organisations restructuring work in response to changing technologies and economic conditions? Business & Marketing Research Proposal...7 pages/≈1925 words| 6 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Research Proposal |
- The Role of ICT in the Hotel and Tourism IndustryDescription: The influence of Change Management and Information Communication Technologies to the performance and service delivery of International hotel Industry ...7 pages/≈1925 words| 12 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Research Proposal |