Three Pieces of Legislation Important in Defining the Rights of Management and Unions (Term Paper Sample)
Imagine: you are the Human Resources Manager, and you are asked to create a presentation on this topic.
Explain the three pieces of legislation that have been most important in defining the rights of management and unions.
• What is a union and why do they exist?
• Explain the three pieces of legislation that have been most important in defining the rights of management and unions.
• What is the process for establishing a union as the legal collective bargaining representative for employees?
Unit 9 Discussion
Student’s First Name, Middle Initial(s), Last Name
Course Number and Name
Instructor’s Name and Title
Assignment Due Date
A union is any form of an organization that serves as an intermediary between businesses and workers. According to Tait (2016), unions airs grievances for workers to management. Also, associations advocate for collective bargaining, by putting in place principles that establish the best terms and standards for work.
The three pieces of legislation that define unions and management's rights are Landrum -Griffin Act, the Norris -LaGuardia Act, and Taft-Hartley Act. According to U.S. Department of Labour (2019) the Norris-LaGuardia Act is one of the labour laws in the US that supports the organized labour unions and provides victory to the labour reforms in the nation. The legislation has deterred use of court
- Tensions in Implementation of CEDAW in Member States Health Term PaperDescription: The purpose of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) was to address women’s rights by compelling countries to abolish acts of discrimination against women and promote women’s rights. Most countries that have ratified the convention...8 pages/≈2200 words| 8 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |
- Overweight, Obesity, and Alternate Day Fasting Health, Medicine PaperDescription: Obesity and overweight refer to the irregular accumulation of fat, which may trigger health complications among people. It has been identified that individual bodyweight needs to be in correlation with their height. This can be measure by dividing the weight of people by their height...7 pages/≈1925 words| 15 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |
- VARK Analysis Health, Medicine, Nursing Term PaperDescription: The results from the VARK analysis revealed that I have a very strong visual learning style. Undoubtedly, I often prefer to interact with learning resources and materials that contain several images, maps, colors, and graphics to explain a particular phenomenon or share a given concept or thought....3 pages/≈825 words| 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |